Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Post up your Portfolio Site

Featured Replies

OK, lets post up our portfolio's and pick out our favourites. i love coming across new portfolio sites that give inspiration about how to portray your work.

 

Mine is www.alanpower.net

Nice strong graphics on your site, love the concept and theme. Very cool.

 

Here's my portfolio www.LYKC.co.uk. It's a slider also! Still have to add the finishing touches... OK so far for the job, but not very extensible so I will need to think of a another more flexible design when content gets too full.

My brand spanking new site should (hopefully) be getting launched tomorrow. I'll post it up then when it's all done and dusted.

OK, lets post up our portfolio's and pick out our favourites. i love coming across new portfolio sites that give inspiration about how to portray your work.

 

Mine is www.alanpower.net

 

You might want to optimise your site just a tad.

 

my browser window is around 1000px wide, and i get a fairly large horizontal scroll, but yet there is no content in that area.

  • Author

You might want to optimise your site just a tad.

 

my browser window is around 1000px wide, and i get a fairly large horizontal scroll, but yet there is no content in that area.

 

thanks for the heads up. i was always meant to get around to top bar as i wasnt happy with it, so i have just gotten rid of the top navigation altogether. (for now anyways, i'll need to try sort it when i get a chance) Do you think its still useable with the top nav?

  • Author

i thought this thread would be about other people posting up there portfolio sites, not just talk about mine. Come on people, lets see your sites!!

thanks for the heads up. i was always meant to get around to top bar as i wasnt happy with it, so i have just gotten rid of the top navigation altogether. (for now anyways, i'll need to try sort it when i get a chance) Do you think its still useable with the top nav?

 

You get a lot of the important stuff out in the first page, so i don't see why it's not an issue at present.

Hey everybody, here's mine - I've been a bit too busy to centralize the design though, hence the current layout.

 

www.ubbedall.dk

 

On another note i find it rather entertaining how the first two sites also use a slider, as mine - I guess that's the current trend.. lol

Nice one folks - some good portfolios here.

 

Mine's on a bit of a minimal tip at the moment: satellite7.com

My new one has launched today.

Very nice Abid, I really like it!

Very nice Abid, I really like it!

 

agree. nice. Very nice! :good:

  • Author

agree. nice. Very nice! :good:

 

very nice but i would stay away from viewing it in ie6 if i were u

very nice but i would stay away from viewing it in ie6 if i were u

 

I've dropped support for IE6, having only ever had one person (that I know of) view my previous site in IE6. I did test it in IE6, but figured it was worthless wasting time touching it up, when mainly it was just cosmetic changes. On client sites I make the effort, but on my own personal site, it feels kinda like a waste of time.

 

Feel free to disagree.

I've dropped support for IE6, having only ever had one person (that I know of) view my previous site in IE6. I did test it in IE6, but figured it was worthless wasting time touching it up, when mainly it was just cosmetic changes. On client sites I make the effort, but on my own personal site, it feels kinda like a waste of time.

 

Feel free to disagree.

I do agree to an extent - I haven't completely dropped IE6 support yet, but I certainly don't spend as much time with it as I used to. Generally I ensure the site is usable, but if things are a bit out of place.. it's their problem for not upgrading.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.