Jo 90

Tutorial Requests

As the name suggests, if you would like to submit a tutorial into a category that isn't currently listed in our tutorials section, then please feel free to make suggestion here.

We will always welcome suggestions from all criteria inc Design, Photography, Programming etc.

Many thanks. B)

As the name suggests, if you would like to submit a tutorial into a category that isn't currently listed in our tutorials section, then please feel free to make suggestion here.

We will always welcome suggestions from all criteria inc Design, Photography, Programming etc.

Many thanks. B)

I found a link about the web tutorial you can try this..

http://www.homestead.com/?s_cid=G23474

http://www.webstockbridgeconsultants.com/

I wouldnt mind a tutorial or some guidance on how to convert a psd into a joomla, drupal or wordpress template.

would be very useful.

thanks.

A tutorial request that I would like to see would be an introduction to Javascript or PHP, I've yet to find really good tuts for them. When learning CSS ect it's very quick to get to a point where it's easy to edit and do cool things so maybe a few javascript tricks etc

Thanks!

A sort of tutorial with a sort of glossary of terms with little summaries of what they mean and maybe short definitions of uses.

When I started out I hadn't clue what was what eg. java, perl, php, mysql, ruby on rails, javascript, asp and the list goes on......Argh!

A sort of tutorial with a sort of glossary of terms with little summaries of what they mean and maybe short definitions of uses.

When I started out I hadn't clue what was what eg. java, perl, php, mysql, ruby on rails, javascript, asp and the list goes on......Argh!

Good idea..... I still don't know much about some of those.

Hi,

Not really a request, but...

Somewhere I thought I saw a tutorial on a horizontal slider type navigation bar? Say a band a color with a different colored box that scrolls along while selected a heading?

Any ideas where I saw it? It may not have been a tutorial I guess, could have been on someones site?

p.s it is not the css slider below.

Thanks

Fraid not, I am obviously rubbish at explaining!!!

Say, I have a rectangle block of color, within that color I have my navigation links. I then have a different colored square which is always hovering over the live page. However if you place your mouse on a new link, it automatically 'slides' across to that link. Like a roll over image I guess, but it slides and is fluent...

The more I think about it, perhaps I just saw it on a random site somewhere...

Edit - Eggmans site has a similar thing http://www.lyricalmedia.com/. But I don't think that is where I saw it first

Do you mean something like what I have on my portfolio site:

http://dizidesigns.co.uk/webdesign.php

Where you select a number and it scrolls to that image? only as a full site?

That would be a good tutorial though. I don't know any javascript and things like that are pretty useful.

That would be a good tutorial though. I don't know any javascript and things like that are pretty useful.

You should be able to do this with pure CSS using hover: pseudoclass. I avoid javascript as much as possible, because it makes sites slow and anyway it doesn't work on all computers (where people have scripts turned off, for example).

Helo guys,

Can some one make a little tutorial on how to convert a simple psd template to html template please!(simple)

Thanks!

Hi everyone ;

Im a home student web designer, im about to finish but still have no idea how build an ecommerce website ( install shopping cart, create a merchant account, process payment, interact with database ... ) i want to start learn a step by step but i found it very very complicated also i don't know where to start, i really get stucked, is there any tutorial that i can start with ? or even if there is someone can teach me in person .. i will appreciate your replies guys

Thanks for reading

Is there anywhere I could find a tutorial on how to get started designing a website with Photoshop? The complete basics on website design, not photoshop techniques.

Hi Bokontonian,

Welcome to WDF. In answer to your question... there are both. There are the basics of designing a website and there are the basics of photoshop. Designing a website isn't about getting straight into photoshop and making things look pretty. It is about content analysis, user experience and user journey mapping. Get and idea of content first, then spend a good few hours with a pencil and paper getting a very basic wireframe together... THEN take it into photoshop too add the niceties.

This is a great tutorial on designing a site in photoshop, so maybe that will get you started :)

I've launched a website specially to provide online tutorial guide for self learning materials. www.w3onlineschools.com , i've added all the materials on the basis of my learning experiences, It's not completed going on....[build-upload]

Hi,

I believe Website Builders Critic, a website builder tutorial site founded by Mike johnston (Founder of CMS Critic) and myself would be a good resource.

We have video tutorials about how to build blogs, portfolios and buisness websites in around 5 minutes, using tools like Squarespace and LightCMS.

It's for the less tech-savvy, but anybody could benefit.