Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

scaz182

Privileged
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by scaz182

  1. Hope its ok to bump this up, still need more participants! It only takes five mins to complete! Cheers.
  2. Really good, only gripe is the repeating flash on the first page!
  3. Your running Windows 7 before the public beta.
  4. scaz182 replied to samd102's topic in Frontend
    Unfortunately I don't have IE6 to see the issue, are you able to upload an image?
  5. Perhaps not rocket science but I feel some may argue it being a science. May I ask which parts you feel are biased towards the tools I mention? Whilst yes, you have listed a number of concepts it is worth noting that these tools are not designed to optimise your site but to help IDENTIFY areas of a site that are detrimental to its response time. At no point do I feel these tools do a good job, this is the purpose of the questionnaire, to find out other users opinions on them!
  6. Hi people, I'm in my third year studying BSc Computer Science and need web developers/designers to take part in a questionnaire about Website Optimisation (the process of improving download times) and various tools available to help with it. Although it may be a bit of a push I hope to get ~100 people to take part! I would be forever in your debt if you could take ~5-10 minutes of your time to help me out with this. Also it would be amazing if you are familiar with any of these tools: Yahoo!'s YSlow, Website Optimization's Web Page Analyzer, iWebTools Speed Test or Website Pulse's Web Page Speed test or any similar tools! LINK >> Questionnaire! << LINK Cheers Rich. [edit- it appears iWebtools speed checker is down as of current, if you have used it before then fine otherwise just leave that section]
  7. It will take ages to change, some of my house mates are still using IE 6, its painful to see!
  8. I prefer the 2nd logo, it comes across as the most nautical themed as well.
  9. Can you not just use an animated GIF? maybe wouldn't look too tacky if you used enough frames?
  10. OK, cheers for your thoughts, I'll take them into consideration. My client will be displaying them to the board on Wednesday so I will let you know which one they preferred. Rich.
  11. Thanks for your feedback so far, I know where your coming from T_break, the third one was my initial design and subsequently my client came up with the tag line 'aiming for excellence in diabetes care' and mentioned she liked the idea of a target as the 'O'. I'm undecided if the concept entirely works but quite like the look of it aesthetically. So that's one vote for the first one, one vote for the second and one for the third! Anyone else able to add there opinion? Cheers Rich.
  12. Hi people, Would you be able to let me know, out of the following logos, you prefer...if any I know there all pretty similar, but that's probably why I cant decide. remember its just which LOGO you prefer Cheers Rich.
  13. Thanks Connetu_C and php_penguin, Your help has been more than sufficient!
  14. Hi PHP_Penguin Thanks for your help, I know shockingly little about what you just said so hope its OK to trouble you with a few queries? - How is this tree made up? Is it similar to a browsers DOM? - Would it be true to say an HTML parser parses HTML into a tree like structure so you can reference and extract different parts of the HTML with ease? I just need the general concept behind it? Cheers Rich.
  15. I quite like the clean look of it, although I feel more branding is necessary, probably a logo of some sort would suit it well as you have a decent colour scheme. The one thing that comes to my attention is this image. It has a white balance issue which gives an old fashion impression and brings down the design..or is that just me being picky? Other than that I really like it!
  16. Hi people, I am interested if anybody can explain how a library such as this "HTML DOM Parser works? Does it create a document object model much like a web browser and then parse that for given criteria? Obviously I don't need to know the complete workings of it but just the general concept behind it, I am trying to see how it works in comparison to using regular expressions to parse HTML which is essentially string manipulation. Any insight would be much appreciated Cheers Rich.
  17. Ahh cheers for the response, I'm busy with Uni at the mo but I will have a go at implementing this over the weekend! Thanks for your working examples ElanMan, they will be really useful. Are you able to keep that link up till next week? Cheers
  18. Hi, Does anybody know how to create a roll over effect like that of the thumbnails on BBC iplayer? So you have the image, then on roll over it has a transparent colour over it and some text? Cheers Rich.
  19. Thanks for your offers, I will be looking to purchase some new hosting within the next week or so, so may be contacting one of you!
  20. Hi people, I am interested if anybody knows a decent web hosting company which either allows me to change the upload_max_filesize limit in the PHP.ini file or that has a large limit anyway. I need up to a 50MB limit as this project will require uploading a small number of video files? I imagine I would have to be using a dedicated server to change the PHP.ini file but this project doesn't really warrant the extra premium of that! There must be a company that offers a high limit on a shared server? I'm currently with streamline.net but they're limit is 4MB! Any ideas? Cheers.
  21. Nice one! Bit odd you have to specify a name on the destination server, seems like it should default to original name and then perhaps offer a third argument to allow a change in the name. Anyway thanks for your help!
  22. I really like it, only suggestion would be to move the peter green logo slightly more to the left and the "chartered surveyors..." text to the right.
  23. Yeah I tried that previously, but to no avail, I've tried so many variants on the path but just can't get it to work! My file structure is like this: root/project/tmp_imgs/ root/project/project.php wonder if that affects the path I should be using? incidentally what does the ./ actually mean? I've had to use it on some require_once() paths but have no idea why!
  24. Hi people, Does anybody know why this doesn't work? $img_src = 'http://www.richardscarrott.co.uk/images/projects/thumbs/tn_cp_8.jpg'; $dest = '/project/tmp_imgs/'; $status = copy($img_src, $dest) or die("Could not copy file contents"); I get this error: I have never used the copy(); function so may be getting the wrong end of the stick, is it actually possible to do what I am attempting? Cheers Rich.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.