Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

a1digitalmedia

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by a1digitalmedia

  1. DreamWeaver has never ever failed me and is the industry leading standard as a text editor.
  2. Looks like Hover Intent JQuery Plugin.
  3. On a web design forum I'm glad I see lots of Firefox. I cannot see why you would need to use another browser for anything design related with Firefox. Apart from browser testing I ALWAYS use Firefox.
  4. Tend to get paid a lot of cheques as i work my clients directly usually. Whenever I work with someone who cannt reach our offices we just send them invoices with Kashflow.
  5. Really does depend on who your working with and how good they are to work with. Once a client has signed the contract I usually ask them to draw up some sort of Menu Structure for the site. It shows them that you are actively doing the work and gives them something to do which makes them feel a lot more involved. It also leaves the 'ball in their court' so they must keep in touch to continue with the project.
  6. It's not too bad. Not long till they change it again I bet though!
  7. I would recommend KashFlow. It literally does everything I possibly need and I run my own Web Design Agency. The online software allows you to add products, add purchases and keeps track of all the data for you. Then when you want it all in a nice Excel Spreadsheet you can just export all the info to a CSV and everything is taken care of. Hope this helps.
  8. I've personally had good experience with Freshbooks. However I don't use it anymore and use KashFlow. It allows me to do all of my invoicing as well as accounting in one online software. You can also do PayPal buttons etc so has the same good features from FreshBooks. It's just down to preference.
  9. Thanks for that list, very useful stuff. WordPress does it for me and I do have experience in Joomla, Drupal and similar but I am very interested in seeing what else is available.
  10. Yeah, totally agree with that. Net Tuts is great!
  11. Usually design Photoshop files to show designs to client. Test and tweak from untill there happy. Then once finally agreed and we have a signed copy of the design we will go ahead with creating the XHTML and Stylesheets etc.
  12. Try and keep in better contact with your customers and create a friendly relationship. All of our clients visit our offices, have a cup of tea, sit down relax and discuss website requirements. For those which are further away we keep in close telephone contact and try to build a personal relationship. Once you have established yourself as an expert in your area, customers will only be too happy to recommend your work to others.
  13. When building links for your website you want them coming from relevant sources related to your niche with the keywords in the anchor text of your link. If you just have lots and lots of links coming from random places, Google doesn't understand anymore about what your website is about. Say all your links were coming from Gardening websites, Google is going to assume your website is about gardening. Your right to start writing articles but always make sure they are relevant to your targeted website and include keywords you are optimising for in the text with a ratio of around 3-5%.
  14. WordPress is generally very good for SEO. If you set-up a custom permalink structure such as '/%category%/%postname%/' you can make your site even friendlier. I wouldn't worry too much about how high your HTML tags etc are, I would concentrate on creating good quality content for your website, generating a targeted following and create a strategic and scalable link building campaign.
  15. Really nice looking site and would say for the design alone your looking in between the regions of £200-£300. However this could greatly increase if the website attracts a lot of visitors. You will always be able to increase the value of the site if you develop it further.
  16. Worked fine on my Iphone 4s and Blackberry Torch 9800. Have yet to try an Android.
  17. Businesses should always be honest about where they are based. It's not exactly the start of a good company if your immediately lying or misconceiving your potential clients. There is nothing wrong with saying you have meeting rooms for example at a different location, as long as you are honest and up front with your customers, I believe that's what really matters.
  18. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is great!
  19. What country are you located in? In the UK its around until your earning 7,500 then you have to start paying National Insurance and Tax.
  20. I've found with my clients that packages just don't work. With Web Design every single client is different and the amount of work me or my team withh complete greatly depends upon the task required. For such a bespoke business I've found that package prices lead to problems with increasing costs and extra updates etc.
  21. If your going to go out and actually pay for a Text Editor then Dreamweaver is the obvious option. Personally I would save some money and get yourself a good Free Text Editor which as long as your coding skills are up to scratch will provide exactly the same functionality but at a fraction of the price!
  22. The real-time beta is great! Love the new layout and spend ages on my site watching the visitor numbers going up and down. With some serious time it would be a great human way of noticing peak times in traffic.
  23. For such little money I really wouldn't worry about it.
  24. I been reading some great stuff about Adobe Muse recently although it does come with it's downsides for Hardcore Developers. The HTML and CSS it generates is long and complex and once you have actually built a site its very hard to move it to other places with everything still working. However it's still in it's Beta stage and I look forward to seeing how the focus on 'design' affects the future of Web Design/Development.
  25. Personally I hate Toolbars (unless they are developer ones). They either tend to annoy me, slow my computer down or install some sort of ad or malware. Toolbars are really not very popular and I would recommend something else if your website is already getting a lot of traffic.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.