Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

keithics

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by keithics

  1. I think you have to "bind" the ajax calls. it's not a mysql problem but ajax.
  2. usually my width is 980px but according to "standards", you must use 960px. thus most of the css frameworks has a width of 960.
  3. Hey guys, Just want to share something I made last week. CRUD generator for Codeigniter It generates the CRUD files for you rather than starting from scratch. Complete with Validation, Forms , and Paging.
  4. I guess WP is the easiest but not the best in terms of performance. I no longer use CMS nowadays.. even if I have a lot of experiences in WP, Drupal, Joomla etc.. Coding from scratch and use Codeigniter + DX-Auth can make development faster and easy to update, like adding a new features. Unless of coarse, you just need a blog or a forum, right? but if you are building a dynamic websites, it's better to code from scratch and use frameworks , then add a bridge for WP or PhpBB later on.
  5. try adding an overflow to your container, it that doesn't work.. add float:left to it. mostly IE6 issues can be fix with width, floats+width , overflow:hidden. I have been eating a lot of IE6 bugs, so I hope that would help.
  6. If you are using iframes for navigation then it's not good. Iframes are useful if you want to use Ajax Uploads or when you want to load the content first before asking them to save a file (delay download). Other than that, I won't recommend it.
  7. nice design, I would recommend your heading to Call An Action. Like for Contact me, use : "Want to Hire Me?". or something like that.
  8. I got a weird problem with IE after mod_rewriting my URLs. it works but mostly it returns a 404 not found on most pages. is something wrong with the server (mod_rewrite)? Apache or IE? thanks, Keith
  9. In my demo, I have a minimum and maximum width/height but you can change it depending on your needs. Fixed width or any given dimension is possible. I will be adding more demos into it.
  10. try to add overflow:hidden to your footer.
  11. thanks! I will be adding some features in the future.
  12. I have made an Ajax cropping tool using Jquery and PHP. Please let me know what you think my code. Feel free to download! http://keithics.com/blog/jquery/ajaxcrop-jquery-and-php-crop-tool DEMO http://projects.keithics.com/ajaxcrop/demo.php
  13. i think you should consider how long it will take to make. 400-500USD is fine i think.
  14. before Paypal was not available in Philippines, I use Xoom.. hope that helps! www.xoom.com
  15. welcome to the forum bro!
  16. GOOD: header BAD: below the header Change the font styles and header styles , maybe add some boxes on both left and right column to separate it with the header. Also, make your footer quite similar with the header and add some designs to it. It seems that there are more designs on the header and clearly less effort done below it. Good luck my friend!
  17. I use Illustrator and trace it manually with the pen tool.
  18. cool! congratulations!!
  19. hello guys, You can download my Adobe Fireworks PNG for free for learning or for your own website. Some of them are PNG's and XHTML/CSS and some are PNG's only. I am offering it for free to give back something to the community! Free Fireworks Reources Feel free to comment or suggest. thanks, keith
  20. BenG , as a freelance web designer , we have a similar range of prices. By project basis is what i usually do in freelancing. but sometimes i have some limits on number of revisions.. some clients abuse the "per project" basis and will give a lot of revisions.
  21. i usually give the PSD after the payment without any questions..
  22. since you are looking for price. around 1200USD at least. most of my websites with a simple design, 5-10 pages falls into that price level. but of course, it would go up depends on the features..
  23. keithics replied to Daniel's topic in Server Side
    i love codeigniter.. i only learn by the support and documentation. Also, i did a lot of trial and error. it takes time to get used to it.
  24. i know one who is very good in article writing, i don't know if she is available for work right now since she quite a demand. contact me if you want to hire her, ill give her contacts to you.
  25. you are not alone.. we share the same idea. but it's "business".

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.