Everything posted by Chris@nbatDigital
-
Back Link Checker
I use SEO spyglass - www.link-assistant.com
- eBay listings?
-
Zencart
I have recently gained a client that is wanting to use Zencart as their ecommerce platform and was wondering if its difficult? What is the process? Do I code it into HTML CSS first? Has anyone got any step by step guides of actually building a custom template that I could follow? Chris
-
IE7 Problems
didnt specifiy doc type
-
IE7 Problems
All sorted now!
-
IE7 Problems
Wondering if anyone can help! Having one of those days where I cant remember anything... The page in question is http://www.lloydsolutions.co.uk/vivid/badges.html The contact details at the top do not align like in other browsers and also the image enlarger section doesnt work! Would appreciate any help! chris
-
Has anyone tried cushy cms or concrete 5?
Ive used cushy before...It does exactly as it says - A very easy to setup and use CMS.
-
Pay Pal advice on how to edit price
I believe with Paypal you just copy and paste the code from their website. If you login to Paypal > merchant services > buy now button / add to cart Then enter product title, price and any other details and then it will give you a code to copy and paste. Dont quote me on that though!
-
Google Indexed
Yep type this: site:www.yourwebsite.com
-
A New Website
I would just say that if your going to be selling "bespoke website design" services then your own site should be unique and not just a wordpress theme. Chris
-
New portfolio feedback
I like it, very simple and good design
-
My sites sudden drop in google rankings
What is known as Google Dance, you can read up on it here; http://www.metamend.com/google-dance.html
-
Blog Help
As mentioned above your best bet is Wordpress. Once you've read up on it, it should be fairly easy to create your own theme
-
having all your site indexed by google
No you cannot not assume that. Get a Google Webmaster account and it will tell you
-
Jamie's Introduction
Hi! Welcome along
-
Hello from Birmingham
Welcome along!
-
Screen Resolution Checker
I found this a while ago; http://browsersize.googlelabs.com/- pretty much the same as the one above.
-
considering buying Rank Tracker
Chris@nbatDigital replied to PlanetCreate's topic in SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) & Search EnginesI bought this last month. I pretty much agree with the above comment - its nothing special but does the job
-
Live Chat Software
I use livezilla, its very easy to install and use, and best of all its free!
-
The last time you were visited by Google
A rough guide would be to type the URL into google and if it appears click cached.
-
Alexa - how important is it to have your site listed with them
Chris@nbatDigital replied to PlanetCreate's topic in SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) & Search EnginesYou are already indexed within Google - Link You now need to work on on/off page optimisation.
-
Web design from home..
Same here, i registered my little company on "the side" back in August last year - still no confirmation or anything! They find it easy enough to send requests for payment for NI though
-
List of good Business Directories?
Just try a simple google search, something like: {business} + “add a site” {graduate} + “add a site” Try lots of combinations "submit url" etc...
-
Say something nice about the person above you
^ has a very well thought out blog with great articles
-
htaccess File
RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^YourSite\.com [nc] RewriteRule (.*) http://www.YourSite.com/$1 [R=301,L] Copy that into notepad call the file .htaccess (make sure you don't save as .txt) then upload to your root directory.