Everything posted by Wrenstales
-
Googled.gr
I like the improved site, however I think that the comments box on the centre at the bottom of the page could be palaced on the left or right. In its place you could have some more text links. Other than that it looks fine.
-
Need an review
I will proof read the site, thanks, the Google new links well it was to fill the column and link to the news, Can I ask if that is a good iea or not.
-
Need an review
I would like to have feedback on the new site I am making. I want to know if their is anything else I can add to the terms and conditions. And any input, it is fairly basic at the moment. Http://www.jennifersdesigns.co.uk
-
Complete list of shopping carts
WP Estore Wordpress estore to sell digital and non digital items. This plugin is easy to install and use. You can insert links of digital files and images into the product specification. It is easy to configure and use. Set up thumbnails. sizes and price.
-
Checkout and after sale test
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction where I can test me own ecommerce site out. I am using paypal at the moment but it won't let me buy my own images because my username is set up with paypal. Is there a way I can buy me own items to test drive the purchases. My site is made in wordpress and at the moment it sells digital images. Any help would be much appreciated
-
index page,
I have just finished the first mock up of my homepage. To me the images look fine, however when I add the text, it just looks a bit flat. To view large picture please click on the image. Typeography has come to my mind, but will it disorientate the end user. Comments appreiciated.
-
How much time a day do you spend learning new stuff about web design?
As a graduate I went straight into a webdesign internship which I did not know anything about Joomla and soon learnt the basis of it at work. It was very tedious at first but then I got the hang of it. If the university wasn't doing the post grad module I could have easily designed the site in dreamweaver and added an OS Cart to the system. However my intern has helped me realise that their are other technologies. I recomend to use Dreamweaver, learn basics of html and then go onto other technology.
-
What are you working on - Sneak Peek?
Currently designing my new Portofolio site which has one page at the moment. I am also making images and buttons for my creative writing site. So far my creative writing site has two images that will take the end user to each section.
-
What are you working on - Sneak Peek?
Currently designing my new Portofolio site which has one page at the moment. I am also making images and buttons for my creative writing site. So far my creative writing site has two images that will take the end user to each section.
-
How do you display your skills on your site?
I like the website, it is good, only thing is if was me I would link to the companies who I have worked for, bearing in mind you would have to ask for their permission to link back to their site, but it would give employers and contractors an idea who you have worked for and how the site looks. I am in the process of two websites, one for me creativ writing and another to host my skills and examples of work I have done. . I have also registered with Creativerus database. I definatly recond you to make a portfolio of your work online via a webadress, this would bring you more work.
-
Shipping module and Virtu mart
I am developing an Ecomerce site for a tile company. At the moment I am using Joomla and virtu mart. I am having a major issue in getting the shipping cost to show up before the checkout registration details. I have looked at other carts life demos and shops but I haven't seen any trhat provides the shops shipping fee. Can someone suggest to me how I can add the shipping cost to the basket, or do I have to add shipping cost to a webpage informing customers about the shipping price.
-
Ecommerce layout needs feedback
The layout looks fine, however the Sameday delivery image could be shortened. The writing in the bottom underneath the flowers, could be shortened to one to two sentences.
-
Drupal or Joomular
If the website is an online shop,would the client be able to update it without to much code
-
Drupal or Joomular
I have a question, I need to use a CMS which is open source and I have been asked to wiegh up Drupal and Joomla, As I haven't used a CMS before I was wandering if someone could recomend me on of the two, as I haven't any pratical use of these and need to start learning about Open Source CMS.
-
BRand new SITE
I had a quick look at the sites that you have created and they are fine. The Upbeat site, was fine however I found it hard to read the aboutus in the yellow textbox, perhaps you can add depth to the main menu text or tune it into a paler yellow. Anyway liked the restr of your site, keep it up.
-
hi
Just like to wish you all a happy new year. I haven't been on here for a while due to university projects and modules. I have also been in charge of two more websites, that I am currently working on(Volentry basis). They are still in the second stage, and being updated. I am hopping to alter http://ladyspon.awardspace.com to CSS. In the mean time I am revising for my last exam and also looking for work.
-
Another attempt at another site
great site your have their,
-
Hello, my new website
I have had a look at it. It is ok, however I think you should set three colours for the text, or two. if you had three or two colours for the text, it would be more dfinable and easier to read. the small animation on the nav bar at the top is a bit distracting, The background coloures are good. I would say, stick to five coloures for the overal site, as it helps the surfer take in the content of the site. the rest is fine.
-
What do you think of my 2 new templates
The space template looked fine apart from the nav menu. The text is too large, perhaps you can make the text smaller. The second template I didn't like,there weren't any broders on the nav menu or content space. It looked dull. Perhaps you can look at css websites as it is the standard that I am now using for my project and other sites.
-
Second design,
Thankyou for the information, I have just looked at the site and realised that headings are not the same size, font, the colour, I will read up on colour and change it. I am torn betweeen two ideas, one which will mean me scrapping the orginal site and content and buidling games that helps people to use computers, Ie if they are first time user, I could make games for them to learn how to use the mouse propperly without the need for signing into an account, etc. Or I can recolour the scheme and then add content to a refference site about history of Technology. The snag with this project is that as a uni project, I have done allot of research into moore's law, however I was advised to turn the end product into something Silver surfers would use. part of me wants to carry on with a refference site but the other part of me says, turn the site into an interactive site that not only teaches people how to use computer, mouse but it also test them in a fun way. I would like to ask, as an older person would you like to know the history about computers or would you like to learn how use a computer through the aid of games, any information would be appreciated. PS Don't be offended by my miss spelling in the forum.
-
How do you start ?
for me, it is what the clients needs, wants, draw it on paper or (powerpoint), hence power point really anoyed last time I used it and went back to pen and paper. Poweropint they say is safe to use, however I have used power point to draw me design and have had endless hours on the linking. If it is simple I tend to create basic html code in notepad and save it, once I have a few basic pages I will go into dreamweaver axd code, test code, veiw it on all browser, IE, google chrome,firefox, review, edit and then if I am satisfied I will then create and edit more pages. I only use photoshop for my images, but it depends on what you are used to. I would definalty not use power point as it takes up to much time.
-
How would you tackle this little baby
There are a few examples that might help you and your cleints decide how to use a booking system and calendar. http://www.menaiholidays.co.uk www.cottages4you.co.uk both of them have different ways to booking, the menia website allows users to fill in a form to confirm provsional booking and then has to pay the deposit within the next 7-14 days to keep the booking. Cottages 4 u lets you pay the deposist imediatly and then allow u two options to pay in full a few months later either online, or phone. It all depends on how much time the cleints can spend on keeping the booking data and canclations. Hope this helps
-
Mockup Portfolio
The colour scheme lilack, dark black and orange blends well. The white text on the page stand out however you could make "Leopard Studio's stand out by putting it in bold or turn it into solid white. The buttons at the top correlate well as you have kept the text the same colour. The middle box with the information about Renassience, is fine, hower the box underneath it, I don't quite understand what you are trying to portray, maybe if it is to turn the site into another language, may be add an instruction to the box. The images at the bottom of the page and the naviagation arrows in middle and bottom are well proportined and layed out. Overall it is a good website, you need to fine tune what I have mentioned about
-
Second design,
I like the colours, text size and image however I think there are too many links in the menu in the light coloured bar. Would it be ok for me to take the word contents out, as the contents of the website are listed on the left hand side, or shall I use it for the end user to link to a contents page and they can click on page they want to see. Do you think that I should have updates on, for surfers to see, or should I chage it to something else, like news, or latest technology.
-
Which Design?
The top image looks alright, the third image looks to dark and too much white space glares. ~I would personally stick to the first one.,