Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which version do you use?

Featured Replies

I often use to upgrade opera browser.

I recently installed 9.1. What about you?

Yes, same here. It comes with Widgets, so you can add things like weather reports, Games etc whilst surfing! - how cool!

 

It also comes bundled with it's own Torrent download software, so you can download files that way also, all under 1 managable browser! Fabulous! Another reason to love Opera! - Be nice if it had Web Developer tools like firefox does though...

 

:)

  • 1 month later...

For some reason, I had trouble getting used to 8 so I stayed with 7 until it became obvious some things just weren't going to work. At that point, 9 was out so I upgraded to that. I've always loved Opera and it was even better with the new features. But it ran incredibly slow on my system. Now I use Flock most of the time, for the speed, and Opera ever now and then, for functions.

  • 7 months later...
For some reason, I had trouble getting used to 8 so I stayed with 7 until it became obvious some things just weren't going to work. At that point, 9 was out so I upgraded to that. I've always loved Opera and it was even better with the new features. But it ran incredibly slow on my system. Now I use Flock most of the time, for the speed, and Opera ever now and then, for functions.

 

 

I'm currently using 9.2 with certain add-ons and mods.

I used opera at school but that was only because it bypassed the school proxy. and it let you access the internet when ever i wanted.

  • 2 months later...

Just as an aside, Opera now has a Developer Console. It's not quite firebug, but it is still fairly good. (if you have Opera 9.23 you can find it under tools>advanced>Developer tools)

 

Also the new build Opera (code name Kestrel) will according the the dev blog over at Opera, be lightening fast, with a completely new javascript rendering engine. Speed was one of the main things they were looking to improve with this new build (9.5). It's not out yet, but should be coming very soon. It will also improve the CSS3 coverage, inculding nth-child etc. No news as yet if it will support border-radius, which in my opinion is an absolute priority!.

  • 1 year later...

I alawys indulge myself with the latest version.

Here is my about page:

Version 9.52

Build 2091

Platform Linux

System i686, 2.6.17-gentoo-r8

Qt library 3.3.8

Java Java Runtime Environment installed

 

I recently test chrome from google. It is fast but the download function is horrible. it crashes a couple of times. Actually there is a quick way to crash it: just type :% in the address bar and press "Enter" :-)

 

 

 

Just as an aside, Opera now has a Developer Console. It's not quite firebug, but it is still fairly good. (if you have Opera 9.23 you can find it under tools>advanced>Developer tools)

 

Also the new build Opera (code name Kestrel) will according the the dev blog over at Opera, be lightening fast, with a completely new javascript rendering engine. Speed was one of the main things they were looking to improve with this new build (9.5). It's not out yet, but should be coming very soon. It will also improve the CSS3 coverage, inculding nth-child etc. No news as yet if it will support border-radius, which in my opinion is an absolute priority!.

  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi!

 

I occasionally use Opera on low-end machines as it performs quite well. Apart from the integrated torrent client, IRC client, email client, feed reader, and the fun fish aquarium widget, the only thing they haven't got within the browser is IM capabilities... perhaps they can use the Pidgin library for it.

 

I primarily use Firefox as my default browser on Linux, Windows Vista and Windows XP. However, with the optimizations made in Windows 7 for Internet Explorer, it's really quick compared to Internet Explorer running on previous versions of Windows or even other browsers running on Windows 7. It definitely is part of a strategy by Microsoft to promote Internet Explorer usage while selling another Windows release and they have it working on me.

 

-Nitin

  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I always use the latest version. So - Opera 10.10 right now.

  • 3 weeks later...

Opera v10 is out you should try it for a change and give your feedbacks

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.