Sign in to follow this  
Milosz

Where to sell my domain name webdesigner.direct?

Hello

Sorry if it is not the right forum section. I have a domain name but since I am pretty much stuck with my daily job and gave up freelance webdesign i would like to sell it.

I don't want it to just expire as it is quite nice:  webdesigner.direct

Does anyone know any good place for selling. I tried Sedo but as far as I can see they don't sell .direct domains.

Is there any good marketplace or even forum for trading domain names?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Milosz

49 minutes ago, TimW said:

Do domains have any value these days?

The one on offer doesn't.

If there was a ranking website attached to it then it might have some value. But the domain name on its own isn't worth anything.

1 hour ago, fisicx said:

The one on offer doesn't.

If there was a ranking website attached to it then it might have some value. But the domain name on its own isn't worth anything.

Brandable or short (3 letter) domains are still highly valuable, just look at how many start-ups purchase the .com version of their name when they get funding, often for a lot of money. In terms of SEO though there's no value that I know of in the name, other than buying the site outright because it gets a lot of traffic.

There's no value in .[name] unless it's a .com, .co.uk, .io or similar.  Hell I could register google.baz google.bar and they would hold no value whatsoever.  There can be a lot of value in popular .com addresses though.

The domain owned by the OP I'd imagine has not much more value than a packet of crisps unfortunately.

Edited by rbrtsmith

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AblazeRich
      This was started half way through a thread on a different subject but I felt it was worth discussing as its own thread:

Company Name or Keywords as Domain Name?

Is it best to purchase as your main domain name (the one that the hosting is connected to) as the company name (the name that you are going to use on all the advertising, business cards etc)? Or is it best to have that one as your keywords? The Situation As it Stands For instance; at the moment I am working for a company involved in touring and tour vans. They are called Along the Highway and plan to use www.alongthehighway.com on all the print advertising. We have also purchased http://www.touringvanhire.com/ which is currently the main one with the hosting. (this webname chosen because of the keywords for SEO) So our other webnames (such as alongthehighway.com) links through to it using the A-Name bit in the DNS settings of the hosting control panel. (not just standard web forwarding), Not sure what difference the type of linking/forwarding makes or not. Anyone who understands all this, I would greatly appreciate a run down on why linking/forwarding websites are better to do one way or another (IE standard forwarding as opposed to A-Name etc) Questions: Is this the best way to do this? Or should we just use the company name? When exchanging links with related websites (or leaving links to the website anywhere on the web), does it make any difference whether the link is going to www.alongthehighway.com or www.touringvanhire.com ? Will Google penalise for this? How do you find out about this? This website is just being launched and I am about to embark on seeking out incoming links on related websites, so its quite urgent to get this right now, before I proceed any further, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
      Rich
    • By seanocaside21
      Hi All,

I have just started making a few alterations to my own portfolio website. I have introduced a few new scripts and css files and all of a sudden the page is returning http://www.flcreative.ie/undefined when i attempt to visit www.flcreative.ie

I assume there is a bug issue with some of the scripts but my knowledge of this is limited.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Sean.

• By Revs
      Hello!

I'm not sure if this is the right category, but I'll just post this here. Please someone move it if it belongs somewhere else!

So… I was wondering: in the german language, there's lots of ä, ü, ö, and also a lot of other special signs like ß, which is a type of S, and I would like to use two of these in my domain name.

The site is about the place where I live, so it's aimed at people from the area or the city.

Could someone list me the cons perhaps? Here's some that I have:

- The site will be harder to reach for people with a different keyboard. I know that some other European keyboards have the trema (two dots) and it is possible to combine them with a second letter. For the ß it will be harder. But the "pro" side here is that not many people will type the domain all by themselves, because why would they know it? (It's not a big or famous place) They would rather get there by Google or another search engine.

- The same applies to E-Mails, if they want to write an E-Mail, they would most likely need a link to click on, or else it quickly becomes much more complicated.

- Spam mails: I've read on another site, that mails from sites with special characters often land in the spam/junk folder, is that true? Because that is my biggest concern right now.

- Old browsers don't support these, but they really have to be very, very, very old, so it isn't really something to worry about in my opinion.

Anyone else have more?
    • By Willows
      Hi

First of all forgive me if i have posted this is the wrong section.

I own a domain name "TheBookOfEli" .co.uk and im wondering whether it would be worth any value of such? Obviously its related to the Box Office movie!

Is there any way of getting some sort of value on it or any recommendations where I could sell it?

Cheers

Willows
    • By BrowserBugs
      Hey guys and gals,

I'm needing a little help and guidance in a post-penguin world. I have a client who is an event manager, they are closing down however their domain name still has a while left to run. They are pr 4 with an authority with event management dating back to initial registration in July 2004.

I have a second client who rents out their series of venues for events, they are a pr 3 with domain dating back to July 2009.

My question is if I 301 the event manager (site A) into the venue owners website (site using 301 redirect could I cause any serp damage site B?

In the old days you could do this with completely unrelated sites and the pr would carry along with link juice however post-penguin if site A had some iffy links and 301 to site b would the dodgy links damage site B?

Any help appreciated or links to articles would be great. I did try to search however including terms like ‘301 redirect’ just brings back ‘how to’ rather than this sort of info. Anyone had any good or bad experiences with this? I did this once but it was cake maker to cake maker so it appear just like a company name change, this is slightly different.

Cheers