Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Google MX Records

Featured Replies

Hello

 

I have a domain which is hosted on 1and1.co.uk and I have set up an email inbox there. The issue I am having is that when I send emails from this inbox, they always go to the spam/junk folder of the recipent.

 

I set up an SPF record which they gave me, but it doesn't seem to work and to be honest I'm not sure what this does.

 

If I change my MX records to use Google, do you think this will stop the issue?

 

Any advice would be helpful.

 

Thanks

Hello

 

I have a domain which is hosted on 1and1.co.uk and I have set up an email inbox there. The issue I am having is that when I send emails from this inbox, they always go to the spam/junk folder of the recipent.

 

I set up an SPF record which they gave me, but it doesn't seem to work and to be honest I'm not sure what this does.

 

If I change my MX records to use Google, do you think this will stop the issue?

 

Any advice would be helpful.

 

Thanks

 

Are you using Google Apps? You should have more than just an SPF record to update. If your MX records are still pointing at 1&1 then you should update these to the ones they provide you. If you're just using the standard (non-paid) Gmail then there should be a help article somewhere listing the records you need to include.

  • Author

Thanks for your reply.

 

1and1 only gave me the SPF record to update. I updated this, but it didn't work and the emails I sent were still going to spam.

 

I then deleted the SPF record and changed the MX record to the ones Google provide. I found those on a Google help page. I have not signed up to Google Apps. Do I need to sign up to this to use their MX records? Also will changing my MX records affect the outbound server? I can get mail fine to my 1and1 inbox, but when I reply to the email, that is when the problem occurs.

If you want it so that a user can reply to a custom domain then you need Google Apps. Otherwise, you can only send mail to a custom domain and receive it, but everytime someone responds it will be to the @gmail.com address. This may have changed since, so I'd highly recommend looking at Google Apps instead because it will give you full support for custom domains. You're looking at around $5 a month so it's not too bad, and you get other stuff included.

 

Also, I've just seen Google Apps has been renamed to G Suite.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.