December 11, 20169 yr I notice increasing amounts of website have a cookies acceptance modal on the homepage. Does anybody understand why all of sudden it has become so important to display this on the homepage? I just want to ensure we are totally above board at www.flux.ooo - the cookies we use are all SEO related
December 12, 20169 yr The cookie banner isn't 100% compulsory though, it depends what you're using them for. There is an exception for cookies that are essential to provide an online service at someone’s request (eg to remember what’s in their online basket, or to ensure security in online banking). https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/
December 12, 20169 yr You don't a banner or acceptance. All you need is a policy and a clear signpost to that policy. This was made clear in a statement from the UK ICO. I'll see if I can find the reference.
Create an account or sign in to comment