Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Please review my site

Featured Replies

Hello all,

 

Me and my brother have used squarespace and designed this webpage.

www.homedecorhull.com

 

It needs a lot of work and is only around 8 weeks old. We both work full time so this is an ongoing project. The website will be uploaded with a lot more products over time.

 

Any constructive criticism will be taken seriously. A lot of our work has been focused on SEO and getting the website picked up and visited. A lot of tagging and a lot of work on Google to get the business approved and on google maps etc (quite hard work for a starter)

 

We are looking to add the following to the website

 

Links to policies in the footers

Link to the secure payment method in the footer

Products to be uploaded and tagged

 

We plan to change categories and move things around a bit once we have uploaded more products. Not sure how I want them at the moment. With the search function its just important we tag the products correctly

 

Thank you in advance.

 

typo on the frontpage

"...feel free to contact me if you can't cant find what" (can't twice)

 

"Take a peak at whats to offer in store." - what's (also "what's ON offer" would be better)

 

svg for your logo ? larger png reduced looks a bit poor

 

CTA (call to action i,e, contact me doesn't have enough contrast - make it bold or better still a colour, or a button

 

pretty hefty at 4mb (gtmetrix report) though it does seem to load quite quick on desktop; bit slow on mobile but not too bad, but that's on a quick wifi connection...

  • 3 weeks later...

thats a nice web site. good, clean and well spaced out layout. the font may be a little small and faint for older users perhaps and could do with a little more spacing. also i think you could do more with the scrolling images near the top, add some more visual appeal and really sell the items on display to your customers.

Its quite cool and I love the fact that you have chosen light color as well as use a simple design in your website. Its looking elegant overall!

  • Author

Thank you for the feedback, we've made quite a few changes to the website since my last visit. I'm also picking up on some of your comments above right now as I missed some of them again - Ooops. Just wish I had more spare time.

Really trying to focus on getting more products uploaded.

 

Good to see a fellow Hullite on here too.

 

Please give me opinions on the following;

The Logo - I can't seem to get it to be clear - Stupid Squarspace amends my image once I save it. Doesn't look quite as clear - Any ideas?

 

The website size - We have a lot of images, especially if you load all wallpapers (that will only increase in time)

 

One of the biggest bits of feedback is the size of the website, which does load very quickly. Considering that most people get wifi (free in some places) and even decent mobile internet the website should load ok?

I think its important to have good image quality to sell the wallpapers, the better the images the more likely they will sell?

 

Anyway, please keep providing feedback. It really is helping us.

 

Thank you,

  • 2 weeks later...

Its amazing and I love the design that you have chosen light color as well as use a simple design in your website. Its looking elegant overall!

website is seo friendly and well optimized, loading time also according to google.

Hello,

 

Good job.

 

  1. Some small remarks:
  2. I think it would look better if you could expand the width of the carousel to the full width of the page.
  3. The outer padding should be bigger than the inner one.
  4. This header is not centered.
  5. > instead of ›

 

84241-please-review-my-site.jpg

  • Author

Good morning Lev,

 

Firstly thank you.

 

I've changed most things picked up above, I got tired last night and decided to give up before tidying it all up.

 

Tidies up the writing sections of each category, centred supplies and made a few other amendments (Need to write a better caption for each category though)

 

In regards to the carousel, its difficult. If I make it stretch the width of the page it automatically gets bigger in length and then you can't see the categories on the page - you have to scroll down. I've played with the carousel a bit to be honest and I'll do some work over the weekend to see if it is possible to stretch the width of the page without it taking up to much space.

 

Thanks again

Edited by Jimmyrobby85

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Thank you for all the feedback, done a bit more work on the website. Tidied up some SEO stuff and re-configured the categories in wallpaper.

 

We're in the process of sorting some products (Plain wallpapers) all in one product (so only one picture on main screen) these are all to be individual products so you can see all plains on the main page

 

We're going to be adding more products and adding pages to each category - so at the bottom page 1, 2 etc (not sure how I'll work this right now)

 

Its hard being so involved in the website and I miss the obvious so please keep commenting to help me improve.

 

Thank you all

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.