Some links to have a read through:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/05/06/the-definitive-guide-to-seo-in-2014/

http://www.seobook.com/seo-2014

http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2308896/SEO-in-2014-How-to-Prepare-for-Googles-2014-Algorithm-Updates

Above all else, ensure your site is full of unique, quality content, ideally answering questions people are asking, features semantic code, loads super fast, and is linked to from other relevant sources.

Can you guys help me out for SEO.. i really have no idea... :( thank you for kind and concerns :wub:

What exactly are you trying to do? Do you have any knowledge of SEO or you are just starting to understand?

Checkout tuts above.

- Backlinks

- Keyword building

- Keywords in content

- Regular, decent content

- Some good links out help

You can also start the basics of SEO for any site along side with your learning process, steps can be:

- Gather details about websites at one place including image, banners, keywords and some description

- Pick one of the email address other then you use regularely. (Because at some stage you will receive spams in process of your website promotions)

- Create account on most of social sites. (If you are not aware of many then you can get a list of well know social sites from tools like addthis or sharethis). Create, place and share content here regularly

- Submit your website to free directories and if possible then release press notes on some free sites.

I think these are the steps which can be followed either you have knowledge of SEO or not. So you can have a platform until you learn deep theories about SEO.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By v8web
      Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make a webpage that resembles the design of this website:

https://e-commercebuilder.com/

Does anyone have an idea how this can be done? Any templates in particular?
    • By iowebstudio
      Hello everyone, just joined these forums and I've been quite impressed with the extent of the information available on here so far. Looking forward to being part of this community!
      Feel free to visit our blog section from our site, in the hopes that you can benefit from the informative content. We have been focusing on featuring articles on a variety of web design related topics from industry experts and we hope the material will be of assistance and perhaps serve as a starting point for further discussion within this site. www.iowebstudio.com
      Thank you for reading and all the best,
      -Io Web Studio
    • By RobDoyle
      Just curious on how the members here like to build their websites, or do you use an array of methods?
    • By RobDoyle
      Well we are on the verge of 2018 and I wanted to create a post about my story and hopefully seek advice from the forum experts that can help me on my way in 2018.
      After 22 years working in a different declining industry, I made the decision that I wanted to move into a computer-related discipline. In order to create a springboard, I opted to go to university and do a business computing degree. During this degree, we did touch base on web design and web development and I really did enjoy the creative aspects of this. The degree, unfortunately, did not go into great depth with the creative areas I liked and it left me with more questions than answers. It did, however, help me in deciding what I wanted to do after graduating in July 2017.
      Since leaving university I have struggled to get an effective learning plan together to get me to become a junior web designer. There is a lot of conflicting advice out there, so I am now looking at where the best online communities are to learn from and put a plan together for the next few months that I can follow every day and cover the topics that will really help me go forward.
      I have put many WordPress websites together over time but this wasn’t really web design as I just used existing templates and filled in the content. I now want to really understand the whole process and create sites from scratch. 
      I did try for a junior web designer job at a local university for the experience. The feedback was that they were looking for someone with 5-6 recent websites and a good understanding of taking a client brief to completion. Understanding typography, colours and seeing a personal design style was also a requirement.
      I know I’m still a way off from getting to that level. I would really appreciate the advice from you guys here on how to maximise my learning. I am considering joining TeamTreehouse for their web design track as it looks very relevant. I have also just completed a couple of Udemy courses on responsive websites. I also have some experience with HTML and CSS but could really do with going deeper with it as well as wireframing.
      Any advice would be most appreciated, and I wish you all a very happy new year
      Rob