February 15, 201313 yr Hi Everyone, Thanks for your help before with responsive web design. Thetemplate is progressing nicely now; http://www.mason-uk.co.uk/responsive/html5boilerplate5.html Although I am having some issues inIE with the Navigation. I am using the following Nav (although pretty good in Google Chrome and Firefox):Flexnav: http://jasonweaver.name/lab/flexiblenavigation/Have any of you experience this? How did you get around it?Do you know of any better code for this? I've been looking at:http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/tutorials/site-elements/big-menus-small-screens-responsive-multi-level-navigation/Which seems a bit more robust, but again, doesn't quite look right in the lower res on IE (but is still functional).Any advice?CheersRich
February 15, 201313 yr You're using HTML5 elements not supported by <IE9. To get around this, you could use HTML5 shiv/shim which allows IE to recognise the HTML5 elements for styling (<nav>, <footer>, <section> and so on... ) Insert this in to your <head> section: <!--[if lt IE 9]> <script src="http://html5shim.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/html5.js"></script> <![endif]--> There's also something called Modernizr, but I personally haven't used it: http://modernizr.com/ Lyndsey.
February 15, 201313 yr Author Thanks Lyndsey but I've already got modernizr installed. Although I did try the code you recommended, but it made no difference
February 15, 201313 yr Author Been working with some new nav code, its still a bit rough around the css edges, but its working better: http://www.mason-uk.co.uk/responsive/html5boilerplate5-newnav.html Although in IE at the smaller resolutions, the buttons are still not coming out quite right, they are all in a line, not dropping down nicely like in Firefox and Chrome, perhaps this is the best I can expect?
February 15, 201313 yr Doesn't look like you've got Modernizr on this site. If that's not working out for you, give html5shiv a go.
Create an account or sign in to comment