April 22, 200818 yr Author I wish I was a student again...life was fun and simple and stuff...although I did graphics so all I did was draw pretty pictures. Now I have one question...why are there only empty bottles of malibu in this bar?
April 22, 200818 yr Don't you just love the general publics view on graphic design? I got the same "oh, so you draw stuff?" when I told people I did product design at uni. There is a fresh batch of Malibu out the back, the truck just got in.
April 22, 200818 yr Should i use this avatar: Or this which is currently applied? Still waiting for the answer. Or they are both so crappy that they are not just worth using?
April 22, 200818 yr Author Yup, all we do is draw pictures, no thought goes into it at all A truck you say... Malibu Malibu Malibu lalalalalalalala... *Dizi vanishes for a while* ...lalalalalalalala @ xhop I like the one you are using now as it is bright and eye catching...although the other one is good too, this is tough.
April 22, 200818 yr Okay, I'm off to bed now.. Again, have to wake up early tomorrow. It's already 23.06 in Estonia. Gosh.. days are passing so fast :/ G'night!
April 22, 200818 yr *starts to feel a little peckish after yet another short snooze* Does this wonderful bar do tapas? If so, i'd like chorizo al vino and a large glass of Sangre De Toro. If not, I'll stick with the Jim Beam and make it a double please. xhop, I also prefer your current avatar (nice and cheery).
April 22, 200818 yr * Stops by for a quick nightcap, mines a cognac please! * Glad to be of help Elan, and xshop the current avatar is sunny, I like it G'Night guys! No doubt I'll be back in the bar with a sack load of textbooks for a coffee and a quiet place to study around 7am tomorrow!
April 22, 200818 yr All this talk of avatars, and Oh Look - I seem to have a new one. You have all been warned
April 22, 200818 yr All this talk of avatars, and Oh Look - I seem to have a new one.You have all been warned Classic! Do we have a WDF-aholics Anonymous yet?
April 22, 200818 yr Classic! Do we have a WDF-aholics Anonymous yet? I'm sure we can organise one for you Rob. Hang in there...
April 22, 200818 yr I'm fine at the moment, it's when I have to spend time away that I'm worried about! I have another trip to France in 1 1/2 weeks, which I'm slightly concerned about
April 22, 200818 yr After spending most of the morning looking at different graphics tablets, it turns out that my brother has one that he doesn't need anymore (in fact he's hardly ever used it) and has very kindly said I could have it. All he has said is that it is made by Trust. That will be good enough for a bit of tinkering/experimenting won't it? Here's a pic. Hopefully saved me a few quid *pours himself a celebratory triple Jim Beam*
April 22, 200818 yr After spending most of the morning looking at different graphics tablets, it turns out that my brother has one that he doesn't need anymore (in fact he's hardly ever used it) and has very kindly said I could have it.All he has said is that it is made by Trust. That will be good enough for a bit of tinkering/experimenting won't it? Here's a pic. Hopefully saved me a few quid *pours himself a celebratory triple Jim Beam* Very nice, I notice a maxtor External drive (same one as mine I think!)
April 22, 200818 yr Hi Thomas, not too sure about the external drive; the picture was taken on my brother's desk. Myself, I use a cheap and dirty iomega 360Gb external drive (about £40 if I remember rightly)
April 22, 200818 yr Hi Thomas, not too sure about the external drive; the picture was taken on my brother's desk.Myself, I use a cheap and dirty iomega 360Gb external drive (about £40 if I remember rightly) Awwh well I have a nice maxtor 400gb if I recall which auto updates (£60 half prize because of some crap with vista, fine with me I like XP)
April 23, 200818 yr *stumbles bleary eyed into the bar and settles himself down at a table, with his laptop and a cup of tea* Don't you just hate it when you have stuff buzzing around your head and you just can't get to sleep? Looks like it's going to be a long night!!
April 23, 200818 yr * Enters the empty bar, yawns, stretches, grabs a coffee and settles down in the same corner as yesterday * G'Morning again folks, no uni today. Hooray I can stay in the Bar all day!
April 23, 200818 yr Author *notices Rob asleep on the bar floor* Hi Eris, don't get too drunk if you are staying here all day, as I will be jealous that you are able to be here and I have to work How goes things?
April 23, 200818 yr *orders a cafe cortado and waits to see what the day will bring* Good morning Eris
April 23, 200818 yr And good morning to you Dizi. You should really wake Rob up you know. He's lying next to where I was sick yesterday.
April 23, 200818 yr Author I just saw your post Elan, I hope that tablet brings you better luck then my Trust one, I gave mine away to a friend after a few days and went back to what I was originally using at the time. I think it was more because I was used to the Pen not needing a battery so the extra weight to me was unnatural and I just wasn't able to use it as it didn't feel the weight was distributing evenly. So if you don't like it because of the pen then thats not how all graphics tablets are as some don't require the pen to have batteries and do feel more natural to use.
April 23, 200818 yr Ah Good Morning folks *grabs more coffee* I'm doing OK, TONNES of work to do but catching up on a few posts is way more fun. I agree with Dizi on the pen thing, I looked at a couple of cheaper tablets and read about the battery in the pen... urgh. My wacom pen is about the weight of a biro but it is fatter. What's everyone up to today?
April 23, 200818 yr I just saw your post Elan, I hope that tablet brings you better luck then my Trust one, I gave mine away to a friend after a few days and went back to what I was originally using at the time. I think it was more because I was used to the Pen not needing a battery so the extra weight to me was unnatural and I just wasn't able to use it as it didn't feel the weight was distributing evenly. So if you don't like it because of the pen then thats not how all graphics tablets are as some don't require the pen to have batteries and do feel more natural to use. Bugger I was up and now I'm down. Still, anything for nothing eh? At least it will give me something to practise with.
April 23, 200818 yr Oh Yes, excellent for practicing. It will least give you an indication of how much you might use it! Anything for free indeedy. Don't be down!
April 23, 200818 yr Author Bugger I was up and now I'm down. Still, anything for nothing eh? At least it will give me something to practise with. ohh I didn't mean to bring you down, it might be better suited to you then it was me, after all that was just my personal experience of the Trust tablet...you might find it better to have a pen that has a bit of weight to it
April 23, 200818 yr *notbanksy enters the bar, humming 'the power of love' by Huey Lewis & the News, reminisces about 'Back to the Future' and embarks on a day long WDF reverie when, frankly, he really should be doing anything else. Morning Dizi, Elan, Rob, Eris
April 23, 200818 yr Morning notbanksy, I trust you are in good spirits. I always preferred the song at the end of Back To The Future. I think it was called Double Back Again by ZZTop Correct me if I'm wrong.
April 23, 200818 yr *slowly opens his eyes and stares, blinking, around the the room at all the people watching him on the floor* Er… where am I?? I tell you, that floor is surprisingly comfortable, it had an interesting aroma as well, sort of like Parmesan cheese!
April 23, 200818 yr *slowly opens his eyes and stares, blinking, around the the room at all the people watching him on the floor* Er… where am I?? I tell you, that floor is surprisingly comfortable, it had an interesting aroma as well, sort of like Parmesan cheese! Actually I feel to sleep on the floor during Liverpool v Chelsea last night, out cold I was. Lady Headcoat asleep on the sofa, poor thing took a turn during dinner and went all dizzy, very worrying it was too. So I'm on the floor trying to watch footie and playing doctor and the lights just went out, woke up an hour later. Refreshed today and at the day job.
April 23, 200818 yr Yes please to the tea! I couldn't believe what happened in that match last night. It was all going swimmingly and then... oh crap! Hope Lady Headcoat feels better today.
April 23, 200818 yr Yes please to the tea! I couldn't believe what happened in that match last night. It was all going swimmingly and then... oh crap! Hope Lady Headcoat feels better today. Hate Chelsea with a vengance, being from west London and a Ranger it's in the blood, woke up as the equaliser went in in fact -brain being tuned into goals as it is..promptly went bakc to sleep. Lady Headcoats still feeling a tad queer, have left her with strict instructions to visit the Doctor today. Very strange, though she's due to go to Spain for the weekend to see a friend working out there and I rather suspect it's a *female* reaction to being apart - pre-seperation anxiety if you like. Hope Barca win today, love the city and it's people and a pwaper football club. toodle pip (off to put the kettle on for a nice cuppa)
April 23, 200818 yr *sends well wishes over the Internets to Lady Headcoat* Hope she gets better soon!
April 23, 200818 yr *sends well wishes over the Internets to Lady Headcoat* Hope she gets better soon! Thank you I'll forward on your well wishes.
April 23, 200818 yr Why does absolutely everything have wheat in it? What are people who are properly allergic to it supposed to eat? Let alone those with intolerances. I had been feeling ill and noticed in coincided with eating bread... so have tried to cut it out for a few days. It is absolutely impossible!
April 23, 200818 yr Why does absolutely everything have wheat in it? What are people who are properly allergic to it supposed to eat? Let alone those with intolerances. I had been feeling ill and noticed in coincided with eating bread... so have tried to cut it out for a few days. It is absolutely impossible! Your not one of those *vegan nut allergy* types are you Eris. I'd love to see research on how many people with allergies are also veggies or vegans. Just kidding. You can get non-wheat bread... More tea (or are you allergic to caffeine )
Create an account or sign in to comment