Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The bar

Featured Replies

Be careful what you say, they're always watching. I don't think that would be a bad thing as your a great membe rof the forum and help a lot of people out.

I don't say anything here that I wouldn't say IRL so it's all peachy — if they don't like me here, they wouldn't like me out there.

  • Replies 1.5k
  • Views 108.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, of course not — but saying it makes me feel better some how :p

  • Author
No, of course not — but saying it makes me feel better some how :p

 

 

You shouldn't scare me like that.

 

Anyway I need a Malibu :) and its nice to see that there is another malibu drinker here :)

*Finishes up his water. Finds Dizi from the bar and asks if there was any chance of changing the post count per page. For example 15 posts per page. And also asks if there is a TV in the bar.*

*Finishes up his water. Finds Dizi from the bar and asks if there was any chance of changing the post count per page. For example 15 posts per page. And also asks if there is a TV in the bar.*

Might need to look under the bar to find Dizi ;)

There's some cracking TV here. Enjoy :D

*passes Dizi a Malibu*

 

Have that one on me.

 

Did you manage to get that work done in the end?

  • Author

There is a TV in the Bar, but its broken...blame Rob its his fault I caught him swinging from it this morning.

 

As for changing post counts there is a way you can do it...I can't remember how you can do it give me a minute I will look :)

Well, i just wanted to watch snooker in our cozy virtual bar :p

 

My legs are killing me :S We did a high jump today.

Well, i just wanted to watch snooker in our cozy virtual bar :p

 

My legs are killing me :S We did a high jump today.

High jump? Now that brings back memories. I was school champion at high jump (probably because I was one of only 3 kids who could be bothered to try). How high did you jump?

  • Author
*passes Dizi a Malibu*

 

Have that one on me.

 

Did you manage to get that work done in the end?

 

 

Thank you...I got some of it done but its been quite a bad day for me so not much was done in the end as some other stuff came up.

 

 

I can't find this silly forum setting...where is it hiding

Well, I'm little embarrassed to say, but 1 meter and 50 centimeters.

Well, I'm little embarrassed to say, but 1 meter and 50 centimeters.

Quite respectable unless you are 7 feet tall :D

I don't remeber getting higher than 1.8m (metres, not miles :D )

  • Author

AAAHHA! I found it

 

right to change the number of posts being displayed you must go to My Controls its at the top beside view new posts and then on the left near the bottom is an option called Board Settings click on that and in those options in one called 'Number of posts to show for each topic page' to which you can set it to something like 15 :p

I am fine with 40 per page, yes there is alot on a page but saves me pressing next oage - yes I am THAT lazy.

 

Does anyone know of any good programs or films on TV this evening I am working and can't be bothered to look.

Oh, and i thought it was not so good result :p I think i am 6 feet and couple of inches tall. (if i calculated right :p)

  • Author
I am fine with 40 per page, yes there is alot on a page but saves me pressing next oage - yes I am THAT lazy.

 

Does anyone know of any good programs or films on TV this evening I am working and can't be bothered to look.

 

 

I have sky+ a lot of stuff so having a catch up on some stuff a little later tonight, normally I fall asleep to it and get woken up by my boyfriend coming in from work (he works 3pm till 12 so during the week don't see each other just sleep next to each other for a couple of hours...so sad :cray:

 

But the plus side is I get to dance around the flat like an idiot when he isn't here which is always good :yahoo:

AAAHHA! I found it

 

right to change the number of posts being displayed you must go to My Controls its at the top beside view new posts and then on the left near the bottom is an option called Board Settings click on that and in those options in one called 'Number of posts to show for each topic page' to which you can set it to something like 15 :p

 

Thank you a lot! :)

*Sex on the beach please Dizi*

 

I was crap at high jump but I was a mean runner back in the day. I was fastest in the Borough at one point, when I was like 10! :lol:

 

Brings back the memories of school and being forced to do PE *reminisces*

Ah, just wanted to ask if you have a mile system there in Britain?

 

Re: Well, enough for today. Off to bed now. The clock in Estonia is already 23.07. Have to wake early tomorrow.

Goodnight, everyone :)

Officially they've converted to metric. But practically they still use the weird imperial system. I never really got used to it even after four years there.

 

 

Hey, does this bar have a theme tune? Like Cheers?

Officially they've converted to metric. But practically they still use the weird imperial system. I never really got used to it even after four years there.

Hey, does this bar have a theme tune? Like Cheers?

 

Imperial system is the best, although I do dabble between both systems.

 

I am not sure, maybe we should have a jukebox?

I reckon the mods should keep us entertained!

  • Author
I reckon the mods should keep us entertained!

 

 

You broke the TV so really you should entertain us...you can start by singing our theme song ^_^

You can start by giving me that Sex On The Beach! Then maybe, just maybe, if you get me drunk enough, I might sing for you. :p

You can start by giving me that Sex On The Beach! Then maybe, just maybe, if you get me drunk enough, I might sing for you. :p

 

I vote Rob sings!

*The bar is dead as ElanMan makes his way around the back, trips over a slightly inebriated Dizi, lightly taps Rob's sack and heads for the stout again*

…lightly taps Rob's sack…

I didn't know you were into that! You only had to ask! :o

 

*leaves a note on the inebriated Dizi reminding her to have a cup of tea ready at the bar tomorrow morning*

I didn't know you were into that! You only had to ask! :o

 

*leaves a note on the inebriated Dizi reminding her to have a cup of tea ready at the bar tomorrow morning*

*tries to quickly down his stolen stout as Rob walks in, accidently standing on Dizi's inert form in the process causing a little fountain of Malibu to escape from her lips*

*tries to quickly down his stolen stout as Rob walks in, accidently standing on Dizi's inert form in the process causing a little fountain of Malibu to escape from her lips*

You lot really have been drinking, haven't you? ;)

  • Author

*wakes up with a bad head, looks around and sees the state of the Bar,*

 

I think I will leave this for Rob and Elan to tidy.

 

 

 

Well another day, another day at work, another day spent on this project hopefully it will be done today and I won't have too many interruptions.

 

(I feel like you guys think I'm a virtual alcoholic.)

*Stumbles into the bar half asleep and grabs a cup of coffee, managing just in time to see Dizi and not fall over her. Finds a table in the corner, gets out her books and starts studying, wondering when Dizi will come out of her coma*

 

Morning guys, my exam went rubbish. How are you supposed to tell the difference between s/ch/q/x and zh/j on a tape that is already making noises like: sshhhhchhhhsshhshhhhchhzhhhhjjjjjjjjjjjjjaaawwwwwoooooorrrrrrrsssssssshhhhhhchhh

?????????

(I wonder how many of you will try to read that...lol).

 

It was ridiculous, could barely hear the people on the tape talking over the noise and interference from the tape (which got disproportionately louder with increased volume) plus the coughing in the room, and the sound of everyone else fast-forwarding and re-rewind(when the crowd say bo, selecta!)ing their tapes! I'm not a happy bunny!

Lol, *looks up from writing her essay to find Dizi has woken up!* That post took me ages...

Morning people. Any chance of a beer? (No, I'm not an alcoholic, Have just been up all night!)

 

How do you think you did Eris? All the crappy bits aside?

*Grabs more coffee*

 

Well the first half of it was all detecting sounds, so pretty rubbish! I had to guess :(

 

All the students tried to tell the lecturer at the end that the quality of the tape wasn't good enough. And she said "No, you just can't tell the difference"... Argh!

 

I have to give a presentation today.. More work!

LOL you have my sympathies madam moderator.

 

I knew there was a reason I stopped taking exams.... LOL

 

**Passes Eris the secret EXTRA strength Coffee**

Thanks Scott :)

I can't wait to stop taking exams! I thought I had finished last year, but I managed to convince myself another year was a good idea <_< What an Idiot!

 

The coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet, so sorry to be dumb but Headcoat, what does FMA and TMA stand for?

Hmmm I think I need to have a word with the landlord.... Have been waiting an hour and a half for my beer! Bloody barmaids!

  • Author

I feel ill :( Ever had one of those days where you aren't feeling so great and then you have to go do something you just aren't enjoying and it makes you feel like you are more ill than you are...or maybe its just a virtual hangover from last night :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.