March 15, 201115 yr Hi I currently use WP as my CMS of choice but have a couple of new clients and might try Joomla for one and something else for the other, maybe Drupal or Xoops ? Any preference? The reason is that WP is very very easy to setup, but from the client point of view editing pages (i.e. paragraph spacing with <p>, positioning images etc etc) can be a real pain. I have previous clients who had been using some of the free website constructors Webs, Geocities (when live) etc etc and updating a page was just so easy, some have struggling with WP without any previous experience of html or styles. I know Joomla and Drupal are more difficult to setup and particularly to get themes for (WP is magnificent for this), but the little I've seen of the control panel once on a page editor its very easy to change and add content. Any thoughts or ideas would be great thanks, do others have the same experience with WP ? Ash
March 15, 201115 yr ? ? You asked for recommendations on an alternative to the normal CMS's and Jock gave you one. Why the '?'?
March 15, 201115 yr Author ? You asked for recommendations on an alternative to the normal CMS's and Jock gave you one. Why the '?'? sorry thought he was just adding a adverting link. Will check it our thanks.
March 15, 201115 yr I'd recommend SilverStripe CMS (www.silverstripe.org). By far the best CMS I've come across
March 20, 201115 yr I have a long list for you. but I think wordpress is still the best. list for you in la-grange.net/cms#php hope it helpful for you.
March 24, 201115 yr i've been using drupal for a while now and for me it's easily the best open-source cms out there, you can bend it to your whim ( and the client's ), although it may take time to set things up the first time round but it gets easy once you're use to it
Create an account or sign in to comment