Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tattoos

Featured Replies

Hey all,

 

Just wondering how many people on here have Tattoos as I want to start getting some soon...

 

Also does this effect your work / getting work?

 

Thanks :)

I have 2 tattos :)

 

My first one is of boxing gloves with my name below - I got this when i was 16 and will be getting a cover up later on in life.

 

MY second one is a half sleve from my left elbow to my left chest which contains a mask a huge dragon and chiense sunset,waves,flowers and ****. Its still got about 8 hours left to do and at 80pph its exspensive!

 

I would adise not to get a small tatto and thats what 90% of people do, and they dont look as nice with one thats a larger scale with lots of thought put into it.

 

---------------------

 

At work if im wearing a t-shirt you can only see the dragons tail going down to my elbow which is sufficent enough i think! Aslong as its not on your forearms, wrists, hands, neck, face, head you cant be told you cant get the job or we don't want you no more.. as its not visible :)

 

---------------------

 

and theres also the joy of attracting women with your tat in the summer :p

  • Author

I have 2 tattos :)

 

My first one is of boxing gloves with my name below - I got this when i was 16 and will be getting a cover up later on in life.

 

MY second one is a half sleve from my left elbow to my left chest which contains a mask a huge dragon and chiense sunset,waves,flowers and ****. Its still got about 8 hours left to do and at 80pph its exspensive!

 

I would adise not to get a small tatto and thats what 90% of people do, and they dont look as nice with one thats a larger scale with lots of thought put into it.

 

---------------------

 

At work if im wearing a t-shirt you can only see the dragons tail going down to my elbow which is sufficent enough i think! Aslong as its not on your forearms, wrists, hands, neck, face, head you cant be told you cant get the job or we don't want you no more.. as its not visible :)

 

---------------------

 

and theres also the joy of attracting women with your tat in the summer :p

 

Lol cool dude, Im looking to get a big one on my back for my first lol With the following words = Live the life you love and love the life you live. Havent designed it yet. But when I do I will upload on fb or something :)

Lol cool dude, Im looking to get a big one on my back for my first lol With the following words = Live the life you love and love the life you live. Havent designed it yet. But when I do I will upload on fb or something :)

 

Yeah allways get a big one, small ones are silly :)

 

sounds lovey you having an angel or anything to go with? or is it just gunna be some special looking font?

Lol cool dude, Im looking to get a big one on my back for my first lol With the following words = Live the life you love and love the life you live. Havent designed it yet. But when I do I will upload on fb or something :)

 

Unless you're trying to find work as a back model i can't see this affecting your work chances :p

Anyway, it's against the discrimination act to not hire you because of something the employer may not like. Believe me i've been through it.

 

 

Anyway...

 

I have three. One i got on my right arm about the size of a dinner plate which is a broken bottle with roses and a scroll round it, i got it when i was about 18. Me and a friend were REALLY bored, so after a few beers (and possibly a few whiskeys) i let my friend (a tattooist in training then but one of the best in the country now) practice on me. The alcohol had thinned my blood pretty bad so it was messy.

The other was about 3 years ago and is a small tattoo on my left forearm of a logo a group of used to identify ourselves (i guess a gang tattoo of sorts but i don't like to think of it like that), it's an inverted cross above an 'H'. It was done on my birthday after much Sailor Jerry Rum with indian ink, a biro and a needle and hand poked in.

The third was done about 4 weeks ago buy another friend training to be a tattooist and is of and album cover of one of my favourite albums and it's on my right forearm.

 

 

 

  • Author

Unless you're trying to find work as a back model i can't see this affecting your work chances :p

Anyway, it's against the discrimination act to not hire you because of something the employer may not like. Believe me i've been through it.

 

 

Anyway...

 

I have three. One i got on my right arm about the size of a dinner plate which is a broken bottle with roses and a scroll round it, i got it when i was about 18. Me and a friend were REALLY bored, so after a few beers (and possibly a few whiskeys) i let my friend (a tattooist in training then but one of the best in the country now) practice on me. The alcohol had thinned my blood pretty bad so it was messy.

The other was about 3 years ago and is a small tattoo on my left forearm of a logo a group of used to identify ourselves (i guess a gang tattoo of sorts but i don't like to think of it like that), it's an inverted cross above an 'H'. It was done on my birthday after much Sailor Jerry Rum with indian ink, a biro and a needle and hand poked in.

The third was done about 4 weeks ago buy another friend training to be a tattooist and is of and album cover of one of my favourite albums and it's on my right forearm.

 

 

 

 

Nice dude, I also want to do my arms, but I have been looking into White Ink Tattoos so I think some of it will be done like that if I can find somewhere apart from new york that does it lol :)

 

Maybe you guys could get some pics up? No homo

Nice dude, I also want to do my arms, but I have been looking into White Ink Tattoos so I think some of it will be done like that if I can find somewhere apart from new york that does it lol :)

 

Maybe you guys could get some pics up? No homo

 

that no homo comment made me rofl, i have to say no homo around 5-6 times a week, and ill upload a picture tomo as i havent uploaded to baitbook

 

:)

 

what did you want on your arms? writing always looks good on the forearms ...

Nice dude, I also want to do my arms, but I have been looking into White Ink Tattoos so I think some of it will be done like that if I can find somewhere apart from new york that does it lol :)

 

Maybe you guys could get some pics up? No homo

 

I'll bite... no homo of course ;)

 

These are the two home done dodgy 'gang' ones...

 

post-19041-0-91112400-1297770684_thumb.jpg

 

This was handpoked

 

post-19041-0-75560500-1297770694_thumb.jpg

 

...and this was by my friend who is learning so i was letting him practice. It's blown out all over the place but as he gets better he'll fix it up.

 

I can't post the other one up as i can't find a pic of it and i'm not taking one because it involves getting undressed and... a) It's freezing and B) you said no homo. When i find a pic i'll put it up.

 

 

 

 

  • Author

that no homo comment made me rofl, i have to say no homo around 5-6 times a week, and ill upload a picture tomo as i havent uploaded to baitbook

 

:)

 

what did you want on your arms? writing always looks good on the forearms ...

 

No worries dude haha I want to get a quote from my rist going up my arm in white ink like this:

 

z164851058.jpg

 

Going this direction but longer saying something like "there is too much beauti in the world to quit. "

  • Author

I'll bite... no homo of course ;)

 

These are the two home done dodgy 'gang' ones...

 

post-19041-0-91112400-1297770684_thumb.jpg

 

This was handpoked

 

post-19041-0-75560500-1297770694_thumb.jpg

 

...and this was by my friend who is learning so i was letting him practice. It's blown out all over the place but as he gets better he'll fix it up.

 

I can't post the other one up as i can't find a pic of it and i'm not taking one because it involves getting undressed and... a) It's freezing and B) you said no homo. When i find a pic i'll put it up.

 

 

 

 

 

Pretty cool dude :)

u let a friend practice puttin a tattoo on you...? what the ****? looks pretty shoddy. i wouldnt let someone put something on my body permantly without knowing its ging to be prefect. i also would not let someone put a design on me that i didnt design myself.

u let a friend practice puttin a tattoo on you...? what the ****? looks pretty shoddy

 

Yep and it's very shody and falling out all over the place but you know what... f*** it!

Live's for living and having a good time with your mates and it doesn't bother me if it is shody. As he learns he will practice on me more and more (as friends have in the past).

 

I'm one of about 15 of our friends that always get home made tattoos etc and i can understand why some people would be like 'WTF!' but it doesn't really bother any of us :p

 

In fact i think i get off on the sketchy-ness of it as since my first tattoo by a friend practising was done 13 years ago he has become one of the top in the industry and always say's he'll do me anything free and in 13 years i still haven't bothered to go in and get anything done haha

 

 

 

  • Author

u let a friend practice puttin a tattoo on you...? what the ****? looks pretty shoddy. i wouldnt let someone put something on my body permantly without knowing its ging to be prefect. i also would not let someone put a design on me that i didnt design myself.

 

I am going to design all my own tattoos :)

  • Author

Yep and it's very shody and falling out all over the place but you know what... f*** it!

Live's for living and having a good time with your mates and it doesn't bother me if it is shody. As he learns he will practice on me more and more (as friends have in the past).

 

I'm one of about 15 of our friends that always get home made tattoos etc and i can understand why some people would be like 'WTF!' but it doesn't really bother any of us :p

 

In fact i think i get off on the sketchy-ness of it as since my first tattoo by a friend practising was done 13 years ago he has become one of the top in the industry and always say's he'll do me anything free and in 13 years i still haven't bothered to go in and get anything done haha

 

 

 

 

I understand what you mean :) You only live once so who cares as long as you dont mind.

I am going to design all my own tattoos :)

 

Good man.

My first one was designed by myself. Never go in to a tattooists and 'pick from the book' it's worth paying the extra to have your own drawn up :)

 

 

 

u let a friend practice puttin a tattoo on you...? what the ****? looks pretty shoddy. i wouldnt let someone put something on my body permantly without knowing its ging to be prefect. i also would not let someone put a design on me that i didnt design myself.

 

I let a friend practice on me, and I'm quite happy with the result. Needs a bit of tidying up, but that's easy enough.

 

post-21712-0-24732200-1297772103_thumb.jpg

I understand what you mean :) You only live once so who cares as long as you dont mind.

 

Exactly! I'm not that fussy about myself, more fussy about what i do to others rather than what's done to me if you know what i mean?

 

I let a friend practice on me, and I'm quite happy with the result. Needs a bit of tidying up, but that's easy enough.

 

post-21712-0-24732200-1297772103_thumb.jpg

 

Very nice :)

I'm going to have to find a pic or take a pic of the first one i let a friend do on me. It was more in that vein.

 

 

 

I was interested once, i design a massive one for my back, St George on a horse fighting a dragon with the dragon’s tail wrapping round my arm. I changed my mind after seeing my friends fade and watching him shell out money to get them re-inked. My mates got far too many with no meaning to them although his Spider-man vs Venom tattoo is epic.

Tried to take one because in 14 years i haven't got a proper picture of it. Sorry for the bad photo, i'm the only one in so i was trying to take it on my own and it's so cold i'm shaking like a leaf!

 

post-19041-0-82650700-1297772893_thumb.jpg

 

 

This was a mate practising on me and he's now one of the top tattooists in the country so i really must hook up and get it finished haha

 

Edit: It's a broken bottle surrounded by roses and a scroll... the rest was to be water spilling from around it.

It has a lot of significance to me but obviously not as much as i thought as i still haven't had it finished in 14 years :p

Edited by MikeChipshop

  • Author

I was interested once, i design a massive one for my back, St George on a horse fighting a dragon with the dragon's tail wrapping round my arm. I changed my mind after seeing my friends fade and watching him shell out money to get them re-inked. My mates got far too many with no meaning to them although his Spider-man vs Venom tattoo is epic.

 

Sounds really cool, have you got the design still?

 

Also have you got a pic of your friends venom one lol

 

 

My tattoo ideas so far are just quotes that I relate to in parts of my life. I would like to put some images but Im not sure how I am going to work them in with the various quotes yet lol

Ok, so I know it's a bit cliche but does anyone here have the:

 

</head>
<body>

 

on the back of their neck? I'm tempted for my next one.

  • Author

Tried to take one because in 14 years i haven't got a proper picture of it. Sorry for the bad photo, i'm the only one in so i was trying to take it on my own and it's so cold i'm shaking like a leaf!

 

post-19041-0-82650700-1297772893_thumb.jpg

 

 

This was a mate practising on me and he's now one of the top tattooists in the country so i really must hook up and get it finished haha

 

Edit: It's a broken bottle surrounded by roses and a scroll... the rest was to be water spilling from around it.

It has a lot of significance to me but obviously not as much as i thought as i still haven't had it finished in 14 years :p

 

Looks good for a trial tattoo lol :) Has your friend got his own shop then? lol London INK?

  • Author

Ok, so I know it's a bit cliche but does anyone here have the:

 

</head>
<body>

 

on the back of their neck? I'm tempted for my next one.

 

I have thought about it but then if HTML has started evolving the way it is, head and body tags may become a thing of the past in the next 10 years or so? I duno maybe not??

Looks good for a trial tattoo lol :) Has your friend got his own shop then? lol London INK?

 

He did have his own shop in Romford called Cult Classic but he sold it to his business partner and moved to Oz, then got an offer from the girl from London Ink to go in to partnership with her in London so he came back lol. Awesome guy though.

 

Edit: haha just found this interview with him. My advice for you Londoners is go see him and say 'ello from me. :)

 

 

 

Edited by MikeChipshop

Ok, so I know it's a bit cliche but does anyone here have the:

 

</head>
<body>

 

on the back of their neck? I'm tempted for my next one.

 

Better make sure to shave your head to put the docutype in and divide your body parts with <DIV>'s.

Thankfully no need to bother with CSS as i have no style :p

  • Author

Better make sure to shave your head to put the docutype in and divide your body parts with <DIV>'s.

Thankfully no need to bother with CSS as i have no style :p

 

LOL haha

Better make sure to shave your head to put the docutype in and divide your body parts with <DIV>'s.

Thankfully no need to bother with CSS as i have no style :p

 

But do you go with html 5?

 

@ayoungh

 

Don't think i've still got it i'll have a look, I'll try and get a photo of my mates it will require him taking down his pants so I might get a black eye trying.

  • Author

But do you go with html 5?

 

@ayoungh

 

Don't think i've still got it i'll have a look, I'll try and get a photo of my mates it will require him taking down his pants so I might get a black eye trying.

 

Lol haha Thanks dude...Its not worth a black eye...just sounds cool :)

  • Author

So is just a few on here with Tattoos then?

I've got none, but when I've cleared my overdraft I'm going to start saving. I know exactly what I want to get and where, just a case of money now. Some of the tattoos in this thread are beautiful

I am going to design all my own tattoos :)

 

I would think twice about this if you have a good tattoo artist. They are more experienced than you in knowing what works and what doesn't. You know more than them about pixels, they know more than you about skin and the contours of the body etc.

Why not give them a rough brief and style and see what they come up with? They may think of things you haven't thought of.

I am tattooed on both upper arms with animals and backgrounds - same sort of style as KingyDaKiller I would have thought, sounds like he has a full colour Asian style.

No worries dude haha I want to get a quote from my rist going up my arm in white ink like this:

 

z164851058.jpg

 

 

I would hope you're going to search out an artist that's going to do it a hell of a lot better than that...to be honest with you. Expect to pay about £80 - £90 an hour for good custom work with a good artist. Choose your artist carefully.

Examples - I notice you're in London, well you've got Flamin Eight and Andy Barber's for a start within reasonable distance.

Edited by Gibson

  • Author

I would hope you're going to search out an artist that's going to do it a hell of a lot better than that...to be honest with you. Expect to pay about £80 - £90 an hour for good custom work with a good artist. Choose your artist carefully.

Examples - I notice you're in London, well you've got Flamin Eight and Andy Barber's for a start within reasonable distance.

 

Thats not a great example lol, I do know what you mean with the contours of teh body etc and the tattooist knowing better, but If i can design it then show the tattooist and get there feedback I can always help change it.

 

Thanks for the great advice, would you happen to know if Your body building then is it wise to get tatto your normal size or wait untill your at the size you wana be at? Im just worried it would stretch the tattoo on my back if I get done now etc :)

 

+1

  • Author

I have a sleeve, considering 3/4 sleeve on the other arm.

 

Really nice work dude :)

I let a friend practice on me, and I'm quite happy with the result. Needs a bit of tidying up, but that's easy enough.

 

post-21712-0-24732200-1297772103_thumb.jpg

 

I like this one.

 

The bodybuilding thing - not sure about this, but I'd say depends on the area of the body - if you are expecting that area of your body to change shape you may have a point (not sure how much the back changes shape?). I think the worst like this is when people get tattoos on their stomachs (seems to be mainly the women) - that's a dodgy place to get one as that's always changing shape.

From the other point of view - what happens when you stop bodybuilding? Same thing applies when you get smaller again...

I've got two tattoos. One on the top of my back and one to the side of my belly button. I designed both tattoos myself and only got htem done when I was completely happy with them. I plan to get more added to the one on my back in the near future. It will be like a samurai sword running down my back. Can't wait to get it done.

 

Oh by the way, be warned that getting tattoos can be addictive!

 

I don't think that tattoos are frowned upon as much in todays day and age. At the end of the day it depends what kind of company you work for. Just dont go too mad on the parts that will be showing all the time. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.