Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Illustrator: Sonic!

Featured Replies

Hey,

 

Basically ive been learning illustrator latley of the past few days and finally managed to actually do something.

 

Ive gone for drawing a cartoon character, Sonic, based on this picture

 

Sonic1.JPG

 

And ive come out with this

 

sonic-1.png

 

I know its a pretty identical copy, but hell I learnt alot about how the pen tool works and the shades etc. Ive not bothered adding shadow, may do that another time.

 

But yeah, for a first attempt I dont think its too shoddy :D

Not bad.

 

There is a small inconsistency on the vector drawing: Sonic's right hand grows from his chest:

 

alias.png

  • Author

I will get around to the shadow, I just put it on before I went bed :D

 

Haha, oh yeah, I will sort that! Thanks

There are also a couple of little discrepancies around the glove (look closely ;)), but, for your first venture into Illustrator, it ain't half bad!

For a first attempt at vector this is really good :)

 

The line work does need a little work to help make areas a little more fluid, and as has been said some shadows and a bit more detail in the colouring could really make sonic stand off the page and be less flat.

 

I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops :)

There are also a couple of little discrepancies around the glove (look closely ;)), but, for your first venture into Illustrator, it ain't half bad!

 

Woah pretty sweet!!

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.