Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Its 3 am. What the bloody hell are you doing on here?

Featured Replies

Ok, it's 3am here in good old England. Why are you people here at this God forsaken time?

 

I'm here because I'm a night owl, and do my best work in the middle of the night, and this place is a good distraction on my (numerous) coffee breaks. What's your excuse?

its only 12 in canada thats my excuse i guess haha but i do good work at night too im a night owl as well.

Night owls all, better productivity at night I guess

I wasn't here at 3 a.m. but I am sometimes....alway been a problem.....

 

caught in a trap where I am exhausted so fall asleep early in the evening, then wake up in the middle of the night having had enough sleep and (guess what) the following day I feel like hell so fall asleep early.

 

 

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have a 9 - 5 job to do :huh:

Heh. I'm the exact opposite, liquid. It's so hard to fall asleep before 3-4 a.m., which means I wake up at 11-12 the next day and the cycle repeats. I've always been a night owl to some extent but it just doesn't work when you've got a family and a job. :p

If you force yourself up at 7am every day for a week, you will soon fall out of the habit of staying up late! :) Wish i didnt have to get up early :(

thats not true man i get up at 7am every day for school (during the week) i still fall asleep really late especially on weekends :blink:

Ditto. I have tried all my life to hold "normal" hours.

 

I can get myself up early and have a normal day, but no matter how tired I get during the day, my brain and body are wide awake by about 9 p.m. It's as if my day starts over at that time regardless of how tired I should be.

 

So, I've learned to adapt. I never took a uni class before 11:15 a.m. (most were late afternoon/evening) and I stopped trying to work a regular 9-5 company job and began working for myself instead. :D

OK, let me rephrase then :p

 

I used to stay up till 3-4am regularly as a student, now I am lucky if its past midnight as I get up at 7am and I like my sleep :p

I am usually awake until about 3am, and about once a week I don't go to sleep at all (working for about 40 hours before remembering about my bed).

 

Usually when I do the 40 hours jobby, I sleep until about 9pm, work until about 4am, then sleep till about 8am ... the remaining 5 days I wake up an hour later until I am once again ready to **** my clock up again...

 

its fun - honest ;)

I generally try to get to bed as early as I can otherwise I am not much use the next day or I wake up feelng cruddy. Unfortunately it depends on what work I have on and deadlines to meet so I often don't get much of a say in it.

Once upon a time 4am was a normal time to go to bed and 11am a normal time to get up.

 

But my bloke forces me out of bed before 7 every morning, and not much after 9 at the weekends, so i go to bed before midnight except the weekends.

I guess its good to have a routine but it is a bit odd for a 22year-old student!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.