Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

tillwilly

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tillwilly

  1. Hey Just wondering if anyone can recommend a pluging for wordpress so that people in the front end can upload a pdf file and send so it either arrives to the admin via email or is available for download in the admin section? If anyone does know of one would appreciate a reply. Cheers Mark
  2. These 2 blog posts might help: http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/articles/wordpress-website-design-process http://www.blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/tutorials/how-to-build-a-custom-wordpress-theme-from-scratch For the static pages, e.g. home, about etc. you can add new pages in wordpress and you get set the startup page to a static page, i.e. home. You can also have different templates so you can have different design layouts on pages. Here's are some useful plugins too: http://line25.com/articles/20-most-commonly-used-plugins-on-wordpress-blogs Hope they help!
  3. Hey all Just a quick question for help with which CMS to use. I have a client who wants a website, with a blog so I want to use Wordpress, however I they need something like the following: http://www.painfreehairfree.co.uk/Find_A_Clinic/ (You might need to select the country as UK to see the map etc. They also want a search box on it search by postcode but not a definite.) I wanted to know, if anyone knows of a suitable wordpress plugin for the data and drop down? I could create similar map but as far as I'm aware with my limited experience of using worpress for creating blogs, there is nowhere to enter data as you would in a database? I could do this in ASP, but he needs it on a linux server and it's better to have the blog in wordpress. Hopefully someone can recommend a plugin, or alernate cms (modx possibly?) Cheers Mark
  4. Jeez people have lost interest with this! Let's at least try and get to 1000! 916 917
  5. Yep Modx & Expression Engine are both capable of this facility (as probably more CMS's are) Modx is free, and is really good, I would advise checking that out.
  6. Haighy Where on logopond does it say that the logos are fake? As far as I'm aware, logopond is a logo showcase, just like cssmania is a website showcase. I've even submitted logos I've designed for my clients on there before. Brad, I wouldn't just copy some body elses logo like Haighy is suggesting. Sure take influences and ideas but if a designer see's you've ripped there logo they are gonna be pissed off.
  7. Check these tutorials out http://vandelaydesign.com/blog/design/character-design-tutorials/ Buying following these, you will learn the skills needed to create vector characters, then do your own.
  8. 1. Usually when someone talks about wordpress they are referring to the wordpress blogging software found at wordpress.org which you can download and install on your server, then enabling you to set up a blog. 2. The difference is wordpress.org is a website where you can download the software and get themes, plugins etc. wordpress.com is similar to blogspot, where your blog is hosted on wordpress.com and not on your domain, so it would look like myblog.wordpress.com for example. 3. Depends. If you already have a website and you want to style your blog to seamlessly fit in with your site you'd use the wordpress.org software. If you simply want a blog, where you don't want it to look exactly the same as your website, or you don't have any hosting etc. go with wordpress.com 4. Yes. if you install the wordpress blog software on your server you can upload themes. There are a lot of premium free wordpress themes out there, check out this site for example - http://designdisease.com/ Hope that clears it up for you. I've never set up a blog on wordpress.com so this is just my understanding of it. I've set up several blogs with the software from wordpress.org, and let me tell you it is fantastic.
  9. Seem to be a number out. 874 875
  10. Depends your approach and build up play. If you trying to sprint through the defence and shoot from anywhere, then yeah it's hard to score! I found the best tactic is to build up patiently with passing and movement then find a gap in defence to put ball through. I still haven't managed to score from a cross though. Has anyone?
  11. I'm on it too, and am indeed addicted as every year! I think it's even better this year. Would enjoy some competition as I'm getting fed up of quitters. Gamertag: tillmeister22
  12. 866 - The quest to reach a million seems to be drying up, COME ON PEOPLE!
  13. 862 - I have no witty comment
  14. I once got remove from a GAME store for commenting on the managers tie! Rock and Roll

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.