Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

tillwilly

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tillwilly

  1. If they simply want to be able to edit content, then look at cushy cms. It's free and really easy to implement. If they want more functions, i.e. adding pages, blog posts, search box etc. Then I'd recommend wordpress or MODx.
  2. From my experience with previous websites hosted in the USA: If you have a .co.uk domain, but your site is hosted in the US, you should be ok. If you have a .com domain and your site is hosted in the US, it can be much harder to get ranked for your key search terms. Now, this isn't set in stone, but have all the messing about I had, I've decided to use UK hosted servers from now on for UK based websites.
  3. I ended up sacking off streamline.net and went to heartinternet.co.uk. They cost more, but the customer service is excellent, and they always find a way to resolve a problem (only had a couple, nothing major) without using the streamline technique of, sorry but that's the way it is! I think streamline is ok for small business websites that don't need much functionality, but that's about it!
  4. 146 Surely we could enter the guiness world record books for this if we achieve it?
  5. It seems that the University of Ottawa is the place to be for researching pointless crap! On a zombie related note though, there's a new film coming out in October/November time called Zombieland with Woody Harrelson, it does look awesome!
  6. Yeah it is. I wrote that blog article back at the start of the year. Just throwing my thoughts in!
  7. The only cms I know of without needing a database is cushycms. Might not be exactly what you need but check it out - http://www.cushycms.com/
  8. Probably best to try ebay mate.
  9. I wrote a blog post about this quite a while ago, this is the conclusion I came to if anyone is interested! ----------------------- I’ve read lots of peoples opinions over the last few months on various forums / blogs etc. that the meta keyword tag is no longer important. To be honest, I would of agreed with them, until I accidentally find out that yahoo still values it. Even though I previously thought meta keywords were insignificant, when optimising a site, I still included them as I’ve always thought it is good practice. Last month, when doing some ranking checks for one of our clients, I noticed that in Yahoo, the site was ranking first for acne specialists, but no where at all for acne specialist! It was one of those situations where you just think, eh? The page was more optimised for acne specialists, than acne specialist but one would assume that one letter would not make much difference, after all it didn’t in the google rankings. When checking through the code on the page I noticed straight away that I had not included acne specialist as a phrase in the meta keywords section. So I added it to the keywords, uploaded the page then what do you know, less than a week later the page had been re-cached and the site was second in Yahoo for acne specialist. I was quite surprised that Yahoo relied on meta keywords so much. Perhaps I’m looking too much into it, maybe it was just a coincidence, but I personally feel there is some yardage in still using meta keywords, so I would advise all my fellow search engine optimisationers to do the same. -----------------------
  10. Have you had a look at wordpress - http://wordpress.org/ I've been trying to get used to it lately, and it's pretty good.
  11. It's a nice design, however using the black background with the green makes it look more suited to a computer related website. I'd perhaps try a white main background and see what it looks like. The logo is a bit plain too. Other than that, nice site.
  12. 41 Yeah, got msn, never really use it anymore though, just usually use facebook chat. Msn deets are in my profile
  13. Oops, sorry mate, wasn't trying to spam. You can delete them other posts of mine then if you want. Was just trying to help! 39

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.