Everything posted by hosted web
-
Site mock up feedback please
Hi All, Thanks for the feedback, some changes have been implemented. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/893475/hosted_web_final.jpg
-
Site mock up feedback please
Hi Everyone, My designer has just provided me with a second mockup image of my homepage. What i'm looking for is some feedback on colours, layout etc before going any further with the design process. All feedback good or bad is appreciated. Here's the image; http://dl.dropbox.com/u/893475/preview.jpg
-
Web designers, pay by project or by hour?
Hi Everyone, After being ripped off by a designer on oDesk i'm looking for some advice on finding a good all round designer (PHP,CSS,HTML5 etc..) any suggestions? I'm on a tight budget - as i mentioned in my other post about finding a designers who would be willing to work with me for a partnership in my business. Nothing has arose from this offer so i'm trying to go it alone. The project is to modernise http://www.hostedweb.co.uk
-
How do I test my new website?
Hi Mo, Renaissance-Design is right, the main things are to make sure its cross browser compliant and W3C validated. Also, perhaps you can submit it in the UKBF forums for people to take a look? This usually attracts a lot of feedback. For the hosting side perhaps you can try us? Andy Hosted Web
-
Anyone know of a good churn?
I would definitely give another thumbs up for WordPress, its perfect for smaller sites. If you want something lighter you can also try Wolf
-
Building a Portfolio?
Speaking from past experience, when I first started developing websites I was much better perceived by my customers when i didnt try to look 'corporate'. I think the personal touch and being a one man band is what makes individual designers unique and really believe the customers are more educated to this fact. A lot of people today are seeking out individual designers rather than the bigger, less personal firms so creating a corporate image could actually lose you the business your looking for.. Go for a personal layout!
-
can i use wordpreess for brochure website?
Wolf would be ideal for one of my projects, good job a noticed this post! Thanks for the recommendation Andy Hosted Web
-
TEST SITE REVIEW
Slow loading but i do like the site a lot.. Great work!
-
Shopping Carts and Heart Internet
Hi, I haven't had any accounts suspended with Zen Cart installed. Don't give up on freeware just yet, there's lots of alternatives out there. Take a look at http://webtecker.com/2008/04/22/8-best-open-source-shopping-cart-solutions/ Have you asked Heart support what the issue is?
-
Possible job
I would probably go for Cactushop, tried and tested with a million products (i believe). VERY easy to skin..Loads of features straight out of the box. I would charge at least 5k, depends if they have a database with the products in that could be imported into the shopping cart. If not then 5k plus xx per hour for the time to add products.
-
Suggestions for my new college project!
Looking at the site I'm struggling to see what you offer.. There's a lot of 404's (missing content). It needs to be a bit more sleek at the moment it looks a bit 'boxy'. If your using CSS there's a lot more you can do style wise.
-
Adding latest wordpress blog entrys on an external php page
Thanks, but i've already searched Google, and everything i see points to using the actual blog home page, however my home page is outside the blog directory.
-
Adding latest wordpress blog entrys on an external php page
My mistake, sorry.
-
Adding latest wordpress blog entrys on an external php page
No PHP coders in here then?
-
File exchange/storage tools
Hi, I can also recommend Dropbox, an excellent service and you can get up to 5GB free. You can also use links to share the files and desktop application to share folders.. All round a great tool! Tony. Hosted Web UK http://www.hostedweb.co.uk
-
website virus checker
Hi, You could just download your site and scan it locally? Or scan your most recent backup? Regards, Tony. Hosted Web UK http://www.hostedweb.co.uk
-
Adding latest wordpress blog entrys on an external php page
Hi Everyone, I'm looking to add a latest blog entry's box to my homepage which is in PHP, does anyone know how to access my WP install and pull the latest blog entry's? Thanks in advance. Tony. Hosted Web UK http://www.hostedweb.co.uk
-
asp.net uk based hosting
Hi, You could check out our Windows 2008 plans @ http://www.hostedweb.co.uk/uk_web_hosting/windows_comparison.php'>http://www.hostedweb.co.uk/uk_web_hosting/windows_comparison.php Kind Regards, Tony. Hosted Web UK http://www.hostedweb.co.uk
-
Web hosting
Hi, Our Plus hosting plan is 20GB Space and 20GB Bandwidth @ £39.99/PA with a free domain if interested. Kind Regards, Tony. Hosted Web UK http://www.hostedweb.co.uk
-
Hello everyone
Hi Welcome to the forum! Tony. Hosted Web UK http://www.hostedweb.co.uk
-
Convert PsD to Html
Why don't you use Site Grinder? (search google)
-
Site Breaking In IE Please Help!
Hi Everyone, My website, http://www.hostedweb.co.uk is breaking in earlier versions of IE (6+) The footer is not being pushed down to the bottom of the page. I'm hoping that someone can give me some advice on where i'm going wrong? My style sheet is attached. Thanks in advance to anyone who reply's!
-
Hosted Web
Hi all, I thaught i'd submit my hosting website for review, can you please take a look at it and let me know your views? www.hostedweb.co.uk Thanks in advance! Tony. Hosted Web