July 26, 201115 yr I just signed up to this site to find inspiration As I work as a software engineer I am sometimes asked to build websites for people. For me building websites is a long drawn out task (previously used photoshop with notepad). The last website I created was about 3 years ago now and I build it using a flash website builder Now I have been asked to build a salon site just to be there, nothing shiny just for information Can anyone give me feedback on a quick method to throw a nice little flash or html site together, what is the easiest method without thinking too much? I have been looking at Joomla, Artisteer, WebMatrix and looking at free online templates. It would be nice to get a template and throw some information at it but it would also be nice to find a useful website builder
July 26, 201115 yr I just signed up to this site to find inspiration As I work as a software engineer I am sometimes asked to build websites for people. For me building websites is a long drawn out task (previously used photoshop with notepad). The last website I created was about 3 years ago now and I build it using a flash website builder Now I have been asked to build a salon site just to be there, nothing shiny just for information Can anyone give me feedback on a quick method to throw a nice little flash or html site together, what is the easiest method without thinking too much? I have been looking at Joomla, Artisteer, WebMatrix and looking at free online templates. It would be nice to get a template and throw some information at it but it would also be nice to find a useful website builder In this situation I would suggest Wordpress. Easy to install and download themes, and relatively easy to update and manage. There are thousands of different themes out there you could try.
July 27, 201115 yr I would definitely give another thumbs up for WordPress, its perfect for smaller sites. If you want something lighter you can also try Wolf
Create an account or sign in to comment