Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LickOfPaint

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LickOfPaint

  1. Hi guys, I'm getting ready to launch of own YouTube channel with the intention of teaching myself to present well, but also learn more about video, its integration with content for SEO, social etc. I'm looking at a guy called TheRadBrad who has had his channel created with a custom background with links embedded into the graphics. I have no idea how to do this. Could any of you shed some light on this for me? Many thanks.
  2. Hi guys, I have some questions about making video and audio content for the web. Here's what I'm doing: I'm going to be running a YouTube Channel, Blog and weekly Pod Cast (with facebook and twitter RSS Feed updating via the blog). All the content will come from videos created for the YouTube channel. The transcription of the video will go on the blog and the videos will be embedded in the blog posts. The pod cast will be collated from bits of audio from the videos with some extra bits thrown in. How do I... Rip the audio from the videos? Collate the audio for the podcast? Create a podcast? Any help would be gratefully appreciated and I will of course share what I've done with everyone once it's up and rolling. Cheers Adam
  3. Is that £140 per year? If so, that's a very comfortable amount to lose.
  4. Hi guys, I wanted to know if any of you have accountants to do your books and if the benefits outweigh the costs? I keep being recommended someone who are meant to be the biggest and the best for small business and freelancers. Slightly worried that they might have the biggest price tag too! But whether I go with a big firm or a personal accountant, I don't know if they can really offer me anything I can't do myself. If you could share your experiences that would be great.
  5. Because clients will often take a beautiful site and tweak it and tweak it and tweak it until it's a monster.
  6. Thanks, I'll go check that out. I'm already on affiliates4u, but no one seems to share what they're working on there.
  7. Welcome to the madness!
  8. It was probably the head honcho. They're the ones that cause the most problems.
  9. Maybe it's a personal thing. But if I'm say in a hoodie, physically I'm not dressed for work, so mentally I'm not dressed for work. Perhaps that's just me.
  10. Frustrating isn't it? Some of the biggest businesses are the worst when it comes to doing the simple stuff...or really doing anything right. And while Amazon may be perfect for the customer, trust me, it's anything but perfect for a retailer trying to list their products and actually sell on there.
  11. Smooth. I continue to be amazed at the number of professionals who sit around working in their PJs. I always believed that if you dress smart, then you work smart.
  12. Yep, a clearer call to action is definitely needed.
  13. Spend just 1 hour a day chatting through the different platforms. Social outreach is a gradual thing. It doesn't happen instantly overnight.
  14. Nobody? I'm really quite surprised.
  15. Your logo is your brand. So understanding everything about that brand is critical before creating it. Just look at my avatar on here. This sums me up perfectly!
  16. Product guides and in depth product reviews. Good, quality information that explains all, but does not force a sale. Content should be helpful and persuasive without screaming how good an offer is.
  17. But it's not marketed to folk like us, it's marketed to the mindless masses as a status symbol/must have tech accessory.
  18. I always make sure I go out for lunch and talk to other people. Even if it's some cafe staff. Otherwise I find the right music for my mood each morning, drink lots of tie and plough through my work. I come on here occasionally too when the work has become mind numbing.
  19. I'd strongly advise him that he needs to change the duplicate content.
  20. Varies based completely on topic, but personally I would never do more than 10. That should reduce drop out rates.
  21. Hi guys, I've been writing a blog for a couple of years now and it's been earning a fair bit of money each month through an affiliate merchant. The only problem is that 80% of the traffic is from the US and other countries, while the merchant can only sell to 20% of the audience from the UK and EU. It's very niche, let's just put it that way. I was wondering if anyone else has much experience with being an affiliate and how you go about monetizing all visitors from all countries?
  22. Come on now, it's just a journalist bashing out some nonsense to get paid -and who can blame them? Besides, this kind of drivel has been going around for ages now...a bit like how Google+ was going to obliterate Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. It's just something for a journo to write about.
  23. This SEO optimise the site, then throw links at it and it should appear.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.