March 8, 201214 yr I have two web pages with allmost the same content, but with different domain and different hosting. Is that a bad thing for google, because i think that google don't like double content's. First page: www.the-5th-joyful-mystery-2012.com Second page: www.my-medjugorje-testimony-2011.com If it isn't good is there somethig that I can do, to tell the google that it needs to be like that? I'm doing this pages for a friend and he told me that he wants them to be like this, even if it's not good for google rank. PS. Title of the topic should be "DOUBLE CONTENT" instead of "DOUBLE TOPIC", but i don't see the option to change the topic title. :-) Edited March 8, 201214 yr by night_rid3r
March 8, 201214 yr Google doesn't like duplicate content. It will generally assume that one site has copied from the other, so will treat the copying site as a low-value content farm.
March 8, 201214 yr Google will always favour the older, more authoritative website and assume that the younger site is copying. Do you NEED to have duplicate content? Surely you can tweak it a bit?
March 9, 201214 yr Google has launched panda versions to figure out the duplicate contents on different web sites.
March 9, 201214 yr You need 30% difference for Google to think it's okay, but a full rewrite is always better, because Google is getting increasingly strict about this stuff.
March 12, 201214 yr Author Thanks for you answers. Web site is not for me, it is for my friend, and he wants exact the same content on both pages, so I can't change anything. I can only try to make changes in <head> part, but I don't think that It'll be enough.
March 12, 201214 yr I have a site based in the US and UK and content was similar, the older domain (US site) was heavily penalised by the Google Panda update. I rewrote the content and now its preforming better than the past 4 years... I strongly advise your friend does not have duplicate content across various websites. Changing the <Head> part such as page titles will have little, if no effect at all if the main body is a duplication. @LickOfPaint - where did you get 30% figure from?
March 12, 201214 yr Thanks for you answers. Web site is not for me, it is for my friend, and he wants exact the same content on both pages, so I can't change anything. I can only try to make changes in <head> part, but I don't think that It'll be enough. Are both websites his? If they are: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/12/handling-legitimate-cross-domain.html have a look at that? If he owns both websites, both websites will suffer in the SERPS. However, if you do it right, then you can help Google decide which one will be the most powerful in the ranknigs? If he is copying from an innocent website, then shame on him and you for helping him
March 13, 201214 yr Are both websites his? If they are: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/12/handling-legitimate-cross-domain.html have a look at that? If he owns both websites, both websites will suffer in the SERPS. However, if you do it right, then you can help Google decide which one will be the most powerful in the ranknigs? If he is copying from an innocent website, then shame on him and you for helping him Google hates duplicate content and punish also the site which having duplicate content but it favor to older one in this case so be aware from duplicate content.
March 20, 201214 yr According to Google panda update website content must be a unique and quality content.
March 20, 201214 yr You need 30% difference for Google to think it's okay, but a full rewrite is always better, because Google is getting increasingly strict about this stuff. Good. For every 'Smashing Magazine' etc blog article there's probably a thousand duplicates within an hour.
March 20, 201214 yr Author Are both websites his? If they are: http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/12/handling-legitimate-cross-domain.html have a look at that? If he owns both websites, both websites will suffer in the SERPS. However, if you do it right, then you can help Google decide which one will be the most powerful in the ranknigs? If he is copying from an innocent website, then shame on him and you for helping him Thanks for advice. I put in head part of every subpage <link rel="canonical" href="site1"/> And now The first site is doing much better on google, and the other one is not blocked for now, but it isn't doing well on google.
March 21, 201214 yr Not at all. According to the latest Google Panda Update, if your website contains duplicate content, Google will place it at the bottom of Search Engine rankings. It can also ban your website (but that rarely happens)..
Create an account or sign in to comment