Everything posted by Cats Corporation
-
TUTORIAL: Learn how to prevent direct linking to your php files
Pardon my ignorance, but is there really anyway anyone (aside from the webmaster) can access the php files of a website? I tried typing something like www.mydomain.com/sidebar.php, and all I get is a blank page. I look at the code and it is also blank. Sorry if this question sounds not-so-intelligent. I started learning php only last week.
-
Real estate websites for review
Hi Gibson Ha ha ha! I didn't notice the yellow rollover until you pointed it out. I was using an old css file and did few modifications but I forgot to modify the rollover link. Thanks for pointing that out as well as for your other suggestions. I'll also edit the title and contact info of the other site if the glow makes them more difficult to read.
-
Meow!
Thanks for everyone who gave me a welcome: iXLabs Designs, Expat629, Thomas Thomassen, Scott S, Dizi and Tim_4_TC. I hope I did not skip anyone. I'm kinda sleepy as I type this reply. It's nice to hear that I am on the right track and that I can always ask questions or learn new techniques through this forum. Merry Christmas! Have a great day
-
Meow!
Geez! I've been here since October and I haven't introduced myself. Well! Hi! I'm Greten. I love web designing. I've been doing it since I was 18 (I'm 26 now), but for some reasons that I could not identify before, web design companies just would not hire me. It's frustating... really. Before, I designed web pages in a way that focus entirely on aesthetics and I tend to ignore other considerations such as SEO and whether or not they will appear fine in browsers other than iexplore. Such examples of my previous designs can be found here. I was really sucker to Egyptian and Babylonian theme design that I did not realize that companies might want simpler designs. Hence, my geocities website was not useful as a portfolio. I keep hearing people about SEO and how much they hate frames. I was wondering why. Then, I came across this term, SEO, Search Engine Optimization. I found an e-book about it from ebay. From there, I learned other things like using CSS to keep the formatting outside the page and make the page more rich in content. BTW, I'm still using frames but I design/code webpages in a way that search engines would index them properly. So I'm now learning SEO and CSS by myself. I was hoping to learn php and other essential things in the future. Although I am not sure if I should still apply for a job in a web design firm, or just do the web designing on freelance basis.
-
My Web Design Portfolio
I would recommend placing the three sections: web design, graphic design and misc in three different pages instead of one really long page. Not everyone has fast connection to wait for all of those graphics to load. Other than that, I think everything else is great.
-
Please review my online store
I decided to shut-down Manekineko Enterprise for a while. I will save this discussion and incorporate your suggestions before putting it back on-line. Thank you very much and have a good day.
-
Real estate websites for review
iXLabs Designs>> Thanks for the input. I'll experiment on different combinations of darker brown and darker red. As for the condo_metro, I tried to make it bold fonts but that's even harder to read. Maybe I should change the font then. Jack Charon>> Hi! Thanks! Actually, I presented two similar designs to the client. One is the globalprimeproperties.net that you can see now. The other design is almost the same except that there is no stripping line (that area is just plane white background). Obviously, she had chosen what you can see now. I'll inform her about your inputs. For condo_metro (which is I own), you have good point about the foggy glow, although I am not sure if using fonts like arial or tahoma would give the same look and feel.
-
New website for a photographers portfolio
Are the thumbnails auto generated by some sort of software? Check this page http://www.suehiscoe.co.uk/html/life-style...ife-style-2.php On the top center picture, the focus of the thumbnail is the knot of the chef's belt. The focus of this website are the foods, right?
-
Real estate websites for review
Hi, it's me again The Cat... Please review the following websites: www.globalprimeproperties.net www.greten.info/condo_metro Thanks a lot
-
Is it considered keyword stuffing.....
Cats Corporation replied to Cats Corporation's topic in SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) & Search EnginesThanks for the input guys. I just implemented some of the suggestions here. They were implemented in this Philippine real estate website that I created as a real estate agent. Few additional questions: I read somewhere that whenever google bans a website, they only ban the first subfolder. For example, when they ban www.domainname.com/folder1, they do not ban www.domainname.com/folder2? If I moved my website to a new subfolder, removed all that is apparently keyword stuffing, but the content of the page remains the same, would google ban a website only because it has content identical to one that they previously banned? Hi! I know someone would ask this question. Actually, I am using iframes. I use iframes on navigation menus for the following reasons: I think google counts the navigation menu as identical content since it appears on all pages, hence dragging my score down. I want my html with more content and less formatting, which I did by using CSS and by having the navigation as separate website. If I add new section, I only need to update the frame that serves as navigation bar, no need to edit each and every page. Any more effective ways of dealing with the redundancy of navigation menu?
-
Is it considered keyword stuffing.....
Is it considered keyword stuffing when you place keywords in image alt attributes and noframe tags? I read somewhere that this is perfectly legal.
-
Sites what I done
The sites are impressive, and I guess all possible critique were already mentioned. I would suggest that you try creating layout using CSS and div tags instead of tables. There are tons of resources in the web and its quite easy. Plus, you can optimize them now or later for search engines.
-
Please review my online store
I have two other websites. Should I start a new topic or just post them here?
-
Any and all critique/s welcome!
I'm glad to hear that I was able to help even though we are both new in this forum. You're welcome
-
Please review my online store
Thank you very much for all the reviews. I really appreciate them. So far, it appears that the images really need some rework. Let's assure that those images will be changed as soon as possible. I also appreciate those who express concern about the domain name, but for now, I do not see any need to change the domain name. Good day!
-
We want to see your Photography! (Read Me)
Hello! I just created an album, but it is indicated that it is private, while other albums were not indicated as private. Does this mean no one can view my album except me? I cannot find any option to remove its private status. How can I change it? http://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/index.ph...q=sc&cat=24 Thanks
-
Fighting Spam
There are free online forms that you can search through google. To make it appear as a real part of your website, you can use i-frame.
-
Any and all critique/s welcome!
I think you need to fix spacing. It's difficult to read. (1) The paragraphs on the upper part are compressed in a very small page while the bulleted list have large spaces. You can make the spaces evenly distributed. (2) How about a wider margin on the right side? It does not look good if the paragraphs almost touches the navigation menu. (3) Mixture of small and large fonts is painful in the eyes unless you are using large fonts for short title headers. So far, that's my opinion about your website. I hope it helps.
-
Please review my online store
Thanks! So it's decided then. I'm going to buy a digital camera. DesignArrow>> I'm not sure how big problem is the domain name. In my country, people can sell stuff from free webpage provider such as multiply.com. Maybe, I'll consider domain name change when I decided to export. Thanks for the advice.
-
Please review my online store
Thanks guys! Yes, I just noticed that the top image is difficult to read. Maybe I was using a monitor with higher contrast when I created that image. Perhaps I need to add glow on the letters, or anything that would make them stand-out. I used a mobile phone camera (Nokia 7710) to take those images. Maybe I need a new camera, if poor quality images drive some customers away. ----- To Patr100>> What do you mean by relection? Thanks!
-
Please review my online store
Hi! I have this online store: http://greten.info/neko/ Please give me your constructive criticism. From what I see, everything needed is there: the product info, means of delivery and means of payment. Someone I know in person suggested that I include some personal information. How about you guys? What do you think? Anything else that I can add, remove or change to make the overall quality of this online store better?