Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Corporation

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cats Corporation

  1. I suppose I already covered all concerns. Sorry for those whom I didn't reply on individual basis, but it seems that your comments were already covered in my other posts. Thank you very much for all those who replied. Perhaps, I'll now work on my template. Good day!
  2. Then, I'll just remove the logo. As my portfolio website, I need to incorporate as many tricks that I can pull under my sleeves as possible, hence, I need to include those image flip. As I mentioned in my first post, I would also use it as blog. Hence, it will be soon filled with content. I find plane rectangular menu boring, I was trying to create a new style. If many of you guys here think those two blocks are not cool, maybe I should replace them with something else.
  3. Then, maybe I'll just remove the logo. The top icons are already using css, even though the preloading algorithm are still in javascript. Is there anyway to preload an image without using javascript.
  4. Your comments are very general and can be interpreted in several ways. I cannot tell from your comments what do you think can be done to my site, like for example: "This is no logo" - what makes a logo then? "I fill (feel?) bored" - Ok, so what do you think can be done to make it less boring. "badly pics" - What makes a pic bad? What do you think should be done? I'm sorry if I came across as snobbish. It's just that I could not extract any input from what you posted.
  5. whatever.... any useful comments? anyone?
  6. This website will serve as both my official website in my freelance work as well as my blog/online notes in designing websites to keep track of my learning progress: http://www.greten.info/seoframe/ Please review and give me tips. Any help will be appreciated. In particular, I have three concerns: 1. Company logos are usually located on the upper left side, but somehow, I have the feeling that the logo should not be there. Should I place the logo in some other part of the header? of the page? should it stay there? or maybe I'll just remove the logo. 2. The logo kinda look like windows logo, but not exactly alike. I would like to emphasize the "frame" in my company name. Is it possible for me to get sued? 3. How do those icons on top appear in your browser when you over the mouse? I find it weird because in my laptop, it is animated from dark glowing brighter, but in my PC, it's just bright as if it is not an animated gif. Some links are not yet operational. That's all for now. Thanks!
  7. Hey it works!!! Thanks guys! You're great.
  8. This website: http://www.greten.info/forinspection/index.htm That building thing at the upper left hand corner is an iframe. I tried setting up the iframe border to zero: <iframe src="header.htm" width="200" height="100" scrolling="no" border="0"></iframe> I used the same code in some of my other websites, and yet no matter how I tweak the html and the css code, the white border thing that surrounds the iframe just won't go away. The iframe: http://www.greten.info/forinspection/header.htm The css code: http://www.greten.info/forinspection/index_files/style.css Anyone who can help me? Please!
  9. Thanks Diablos, I will try that facility then. Do you know its URL? Thanks for your concern Rob. Actually, I think setting up splog just to increase backlinks is a waste of time. Anyway, I am more fond of SEO techniques that rely only on sheer cleanliness of html code.
  10. Well, if there's nothing wrong with that, I might use splog as well to be able to compete in equal terms.
  11. The splog is being used to increase backlinks.
  12. Ha ha ha! My bad! I just found-out why gppi.com.ph results are pretty messed-up. Something is wrong with my codes. I just fixed it. Hopefully, it will be indexed properly. Yes, it went to the new domain. I guess I'm done with this part! TY
  13. Thanks for all the replies, but it seems that I've been misinterpreted. I was not looking for a way on how google can crawl on my website. Instead, I was asking how come google was still able to crawl my website despite the absence of backlinks. I guess I already have the answer. Hey thanks! You're a great help to me these days.
  14. Hi again EggMan! Google finally indexed www.gppi.com.ph. However, it is nowhere near the top and it seems that google indexed gppi.com.ph and globalprimeproperties.net separately. Moreover, google only indexed the news.htm page. I thought 301 redirect tells google to discard the old url and reindex the new site. Thanks
  15. Well, I'm from the Philippines and this forum still came on top when I typed "web design forums". That's the only reason why I signed up Felt lazy to scroll down.
  16. It happened to one of my website: www.greten.info/observatorium/about/ as well as several other pages under www.greten.info/observatorium/. I typed my real name and those pages came up in the search engine results. I find it weird because those pages have no backlinks (sorry if I didn't set the URLs above as hyperlink. I need to observe why is this happening.). If you check those pages, they are pretty messed-up because they are not yet done. From what I know about SEO, google can track a website only if there are other sites linking to it (including links posted on message boards such as webdesignerform). I checked if any website link to my observatorium pages without my knowledge using http://www.backlinkwatch.com/index.php, but the results indicate that no other web page linked to observatorium.
  17. Thanks Eggman... What happened is weird. When I added the code in your second to the last post, I encountered an error, but when I removed it (restoring the original code in as stated in your April 2 post), it now works as we planned... i.e., no more problem with index.htm. Perhaps, I should now post a link and let google index the new URL while letting the old URL expire. Global Prime Properties Inc: master leasing, real estate marketing, property management, redevelopment
  18. Thanks for all the replies!!! Expat 629>> My real concern is really about the age of the site. Since gppi.com.ph is younger, it might take a long time before it can achieve the same rank as the www.globalprimeproperties.net, and globalprimeproperties.net is set to expire this coming June. Backlinks are not problem, since the only backlink directed to that site is from my earlier post here at webdesignerforum, which does not contain anchor text. I just tried 301 redirect, but it has one problem as I will explain to Eggman in the next paragraph. Eggman>> I just copied the code you got there, replace the domain name with www.gppi.com.ph, and pasted on .htaccess file. Now, I have one little problem, all htm files EXCEPT the index.htm are redirected. For example, if I typed www.globalprimeproperties.net/profile.htm on the address bar, it is automatically redirected to www.gppi.com.ph/profile.htm. The same goes for all files except the index.htm. If I type www.globalprimeproperties.net, I was not redirected to www.gppi.com.ph. Is this how 301 suppose to work? mds>> I was expecting the site to disappear from google's first page for sometime, but will reappear in the future, but I am not sure how I will explain this to the client. ErisDS>> Hmmm! Yeah that's a good solution. As I said above, the old domain is set to expire on June. I wonder if two months is sufficient for google to recognize that the two URLs belong to the same company.
  19. I'm working on a church website: Greenbelt Chapel, as one of the church volunteers. I am not sure if I can present this as part of my portfolio since I am not the only one working on this website. Volunteering to design the website of your church/synagogue/mosque is another way of showcasing your talent. However, we might need to guard ourselves from greed and ensure that we are motivated by our desire to offer our talents to God and not much by the possibility of acquiring more clients.
  20. FILIPINO freelancers are BETTER for you! Kidding! Actually, nationality has nothing to do with web development skills. Even though stuff like Paypal makes it easier to transact with different people and companies from around the world, I persoally prefer working with clients who can sit with me in a coffee shop while discussing business.
  21. Please pardon me for not setting the URLs as hyperlink. As of this moment, I don't want google to crawl these websites and count them as duplicate content. If you need to check the websites, kindly copy the url and paste in your address bar. The problem goes like this. I designed this website located at URL www.globalprimeproperties.net . This website appears on the first page of google search results for keywords "real estate consultancy" and "master leasing". The client has one problem though, the domain name is too long for their e-mail addresses e.g., dpedro@globalprimeproperties.net . Hence, we agreed to move it to a new server and with new domain name; www.gppi.com.ph The website uploaded in the www.globalprimeproperties.net is exactly the same as in www.gppi.com.ph. Meaning, it has the same layout, same content, same title tag and same meta tag description. Hence, if they will compete on ranking on google, the only factor that will make the difference are the URLS, which contains neither "real estate consultancy" nor "master leasing". I am planning to edit all pages in www.globalprimeproperties.net to delete all contents and say something like "This page has been moved, please click here." Now my question is, if I decided to delete the content of www.globalprimeproperties.net, would www.gppi.com climb in the same position as www.globalprimeproperties.net for keywords "real estate consultancy" and "master leasing"? Thanks
  22. He he he! It seems I really need to study the deeper and more arcane concepts of php for this to make sense. Bye! Gotta grab a book
  23. Thanks for all the replies. I tried adding the code. First. the site that I want to be centered shifted to the left, but when I changed "strict" to "transitional", it goes back to the original layout as I want it to be.
  24. Dreamweaver's blank page comes with it. I saw so many pages with it. But I don't bother putting them on my web pages. So far, all my web pages work as I want them to. Whenever I work with Dreamweaver. I just delete them. I tried surfing the net but all I got is that is has something to do with standardization guidelines of W3C. I could not find any website that mentions the functional purpose of adding this line of code on top.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.