Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can Google Crawl On Websites Without Backlinks?

Featured Replies

It happened to one of my website: www.greten.info/observatorium/about/ as well as several other pages under www.greten.info/observatorium/. I typed my real name and those pages came up in the search engine results.

 

I find it weird because those pages have no backlinks (sorry if I didn't set the URLs above as hyperlink. I need to observe why is this happening.). If you check those pages, they are pretty messed-up because they are not yet done.

 

From what I know about SEO, google can track a website only if there are other sites linking to it (including links posted on message boards such as webdesignerform).

 

I checked if any website link to my observatorium pages without my knowledge using http://www.backlinkwatch.com/index.php, but the results indicate that no other web page linked to observatorium.

You don't need backlinks to your site for google to find you. As long as it is live, the google bots will find your site sooner or later.

No, back links are helpful but they are not needed at all

 

You can even add your site to google for indexing (I can't remember the link, but it involes submitting your site and adding a meta tag to your index page). This helps google find you quicker than leaving it to find you itself (I'm sure someone else will have the link or be bothered to do the search for it :p )

A search engine needs to follow a link from somewhere to find your site, so long as that link connects to a site the search engine already knows about it will eventually find you - at least that's the theory! You only need the one link :)

You don't even need one inbound link, if you have an external link to another site, and that site has google analytics installed then google sees exactly where the visitors of that site came from and your site pops up.

And off the spider goes

the best way would be to submit it to the google add url. However, if you submit too many pages of your site that way it will get banned. your best bet is backlinks!

  • Author

Thanks for all the replies, but it seems that I've been misinterpreted.

 

I was not looking for a way on how google can crawl on my website. Instead, I was asking how come google was still able to crawl my website despite the absence of backlinks. I guess I already have the answer.

 

You don't even need one inbound link, if you have an external link to another site, and that site has google analytics installed then google sees exactly where the visitors of that site came from and your site pops up.

And off the spider goes

 

Hey thanks! You're a great help to me these days.

Hey Greten,

 

If it bothers you can Google is crawling your site, without backlinks, you can always add some noindex and nofollow META tags for robots. That way Google will stop indexing you on the next update.

 

Rob

Sometimes the SE's find your site via the domain registrar, whois, etc...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.