Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

tonychang

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tonychang

  1. saying that they have already managed to p*** me off and only ordered 2 days ago. I found myself telling the support guy that apple it would'nt have happened with apple
  2. cheers for reviving this thread as was looking for a new laptop, picked my self up an xps
  3. Thanks Andyl and Fran you pretty much answered my question. I figured it would mostly be keyboard shortcuts.
  4. yeah, I was thinking particularily keyboard shortcuts in photoshop I'm assuming a majority of web design agencies use Macs?
  5. I'm thinking of upgrading my home computer and spending quite a bit. I use a windows laptop at home and a windows pc at work and plan to buy a new windows laptop for home. BUT I'd like to change jobs sometime in the near future and most likely that would involve using a mac at work. what I'd like to know is a pain in the arse using both for a web designer?
  6. what about .png's? (thats why I use it)
  7. I'm using webINK for a couple of personal projects as its basic plan is pretty cheap
  8. I really want to dump firefox but cant live without the 'open with photoshop' extension. I cant for the life of me find one for chrome? Can anyone help?
  9. Thanks for your help, made a few changes
  10. Sweet! "on our 4k2kilikanjaro" and Reflex studios logo dosnt link cheers
  11. I'm finding that flash a little creepy too. Its kinda cool when you realise it moves but it gives the impression I've accidentally got into a webcam chat with you, made me feel like I'm being watched.
  12. I'm happy with the design just a bit unsure of the palette and fonts used (museo slab with georgia...a serif and a slab serif). I like having blue calls to action especially as the main one is a facebook link. What do you think? horsewatch
  13. Got it when I lived in Thailand
  14. As far as I know no legal action was taken in this case. I guess it just goes to show how easy it is for people to take the p*** in the SME market. @Fran I got this job having had no previous experience and a small portfolio of mostly made up designs. I taught myself from scratch in under 2 years.
  15. I should have mentioned I did this as part of my employment so the copyright is down to them. I'm often asked to do an initial mock up in order to secure new business and on the whole it works (not the way I'd like it to work though). This is the first time anything like this has happened, I only noticed because if I dont secure the job I like to have a look at the job they get and came across it. It has made its way into my portfolio but of course these days you have to be careful of whoever ripped you off sueing you as demonstrated in the oatmeals case .
  16. this might help: http://sixrevisions.com/user-interface/product-page-design/
  17. Just dug out this while having a couple of days off. Top is the mock up I did and below is a screenshot of the actual site they got someone else to make. Shame as it was rushed and I would have done more work on it, I tidied it up a bit at home just for myself really: http://stylesauce.co.uk/truck-dealer/
  18. Cheers Jack Just after I pressed post I realised I'd forgotten to add that I'm not interested in commuting or re-locating. You reply was really helpful though as I dont know any other designers so have no idea how things work in the big leagues. Being middle aged and settled and not career or money hungry I'm really only in it because I love it. Guess I'll continue fishing in a small pond...
  19. I am a self taught designer living in the midlands and been working for an agency for about 15 months now. I currently work for a small agency on mostly small business projects. I am keen to work as part of a design team (I find working with others more experienced raises your game) on bigger projects that involve planning, information design, usability, ux etc as apposed to the hack and slash of small business work. It seems to me that agencies in my area are either too small to want more than one designer or the larger ones cover lots of different disciplines and would maybe have 2 web designers. I am particularily interested in usability as well as aesthetic design and would like the opportunity to gain some practical experience working with usability, ux designers and information architects or to be honest anyone who's better and more experienced than me. I'd never considered working for a big business with only one main site but a large team working on it as I've felt it would be boring and stifling. So I am wondering if anyone has any experience on working for a big company or larger agency (especially in the east midlands). And also how you went about moving up from a small agency doing cheap work? cheers.
  20. tonychang replied to Neji's topic in General Chat
    Smashing mag is a definite, speckyboy, vandelay and design mood
  21. I'm quite fond of these guys at the moment http://www.meloncreative.co.uk/
  22. I asked on here about who people thought the best UK web design companies are, which got me thinking which are your faviourite web designers, especially in your area as I've noticed at work we are always checking out the local competition and their work?
  23. nothing specific, just like looking at good examples of commercial UK web design work that the design inspiration sites don't often bother with
  24. Does anyone know where I can find a list of the better UK web design agencies? I've had a good look around and can only find the sponsored sort which contain all sorts.
  25. Designing for the internet

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.