Everything posted by tonychang
-
Nothing a bottle of Gin and a handful of valium cant cure
Whadda you think? My link I'm gonna try and concentrate on layouts for a bit. cheers t.c.
-
Please review my redesigned gaming site
no complaints...footer looks fine!
-
My new web design - so far :)
reminds me alot of http://www.getfinch.com/ 's old site design
-
MologokoStudios.com - Review please
I love your logo, not certain why but I really feel drawn to it. cheers t.c.
-
Will work for Beer
@ best developer I've used 12pt for the smaller text...is that considered too small for serif text on the web or would I get away with letter spacing a little. The main (non italic) is 13pt, do you think that should be bigger aswell? @tarzan10 Site was originally done as a suprise gift for the landlord and lady so photos were done on the sly when pub was shut. I have sugessted they take some when business is busy but they have been reluctant (or too busy?) so far. Again I'm glad to see I recognised this problem myself aswell. Many thanks for your input, it is always appreciated! cheers t.c.
-
Will work for Beer
Thanks Nuksie, I too have had the same doubts about the navigation especially as a fair proportion of the user will be old. I'm pleased to see I'm beginning to recognise my faults. Sadly the navigation matrix involved is extremely difficult to edit so I left it in as I was just happy I got it to work. cheers t.c.
-
Will work for Beer
cheers HOGit. I havnt done those yet.The landlord will be confused by all those s's Yes Keith I asked about the layout of it when I started the coding and you replied...cheers t.c.
-
Will work for Beer
Can you lot have a look at my pub site and let me know any mistakes I may have made as I'm still very much a novice. I dont really like the font I used for the logo (though I deplore actual 'logos' for pubs, they have pub signs godammit!). I'm looking for a small caps kinda font (had castellar before) ....any sugesstions? And yes, I did it for beer
-
help with footer please?
scuse me, hold on I'll just check... ....its 12 pt but believe me thats the least of my worries. I'm also aware the header is rather large but figure I can live with it (Ive already squashed it a bit). cheers t.c.
-
help with footer please?
cheers keith. I reduced it from 1420x1420 to 1000x1000 for this thread.
-
help with footer please?
thanks for all your help, no I havnt started coding it yet (well I've tried a little on the header). I'm unsure how to set out all the div tags, though Ive got a rough idea. I just dont fancy having to change them all half way through as CSS still scares me. I've attached my idea of the div layout. I was planning to use the blue gradient as the bottom of the body tag, the top part of the footer that will sit behind the lorum ipsum as a background image in the sub content div and the rest of the footer below this as it will be pushed down. I intend the content div to contain the bottom part of the header that overlaps the rest of the content, which is why I've added the sub content div inside to contain the top of the footer....if that makes any sense????
-
help with footer please?
I'm unsure what the correct way to code this footer would be as I want the lorum ipsum text to push it down the page. I'm new to design and coding and was wondering if it would be difficult or not so figured it'd be a good idea to ask you guys before getting stuck in. I was particularily wondering what to do with the gradient (there is already a body background image at the top) and how to get the text to push it down (does it need to be cut in two halfs horizontally?). I'm really unsure where to start? I imagine there is a straight forward solution but havnt been able to find a tut with a similar style of footer to learn from? cheers t.c.
-
pretty CSS header and footer
I've made this design in photoshop and now it comes to code it and I'm not entirely sure where to start as I'm still a beginner. A pointer to any tuts including similar layouts would be great. The header image of the building is seperate to the clouds. Do I need to have them on seperate layers to center the whole thing as the clouds image is wide (1420px)so it fills most monitors. I'd rather clouds and pub stay together? And the footer: should I use a gradient for the blue as a background image then split the rest into two halfs, top and bottom so the text in the 3 columns can push the whole footer down the page, I'm pretty stumped on this? I'm o.k. with the navigation matrix as I've read up on this and implemented it into the current site (this is a re-design and my will be my second coded site). cheers party people t.c.
-
PHP contact form XHTML strict
I've only just started dabbling with script and using it in web pages. I tried a couple of others first but thanks to the advice on here tried this one and got it to work here: http://www.anthonyparker.co.uk/trailriders/booking.html I too would like to know what exactally I need to add to the script to replace : <p>Your mail was successfully sent.</p> with a thank you page of my own creation? cheers, t.c.
-
Care to mark my homework?
Cheers! ...never even noticed horizontal scroll bar. 'It's fairly common for customers to ask if a description is always in view' I'll look forward to having customers, eventually. 'Always try to think of content, then aesthetics, then interactivity.' that sounds like the sort of thing they should've been teaching on my college course! I started changing h4's to h3's but realised the title 'contact us' is a h3. Would it be correct to change them or leave them? Also realised I have no h1...doh!
-
Care to mark my homework?
Thanks for the input guys, I really would like to do this for a living one day. @ BlueDreamer- Do you mean the slideshow on index page? (tbh the script came with the text rollover thing so I left it in) @ Jake 151- I wanted a full screen background that would fill most monitors and this method looked like the best idea (as text backgrounds are fixed into background image). On reflection floating the whole lot over an image may have been better but I wanted to keep the text background border overlay effect. My course is the equivalent of an A Level and I'm afraid its ****. The structure is good but the cheapskate college rather thsn get a web designer/developer in to teach us they cobbled together a band of rogue mercenaries already on the staff. Animation/Flash is being taught by a microsoft expert, scripting has been taught by an ASP programmer and rest by a woman who refused to admit she knew f* all about anything she was meant to be teaching. I have a better working knowledge of the stuff they are teaching and I only started teaching myself a couple of months before the course started, and they couldve had an accomplished designer teach us if only they'd paid him an hourly rate. In fact I'm now not gonna bother continuing and carry on teaching myself....excuse the rant cheers t.c.
-
Care to mark my homework?
Yay! Fixed the lightbox....eventually
-
Care to mark my homework?
lightbox on pages horses.html and location.html, if its some sort of script conflict is there a viable alternative?
-
Care to mark my homework?
I'm doing a website for my homework for my BTEC level 3. It has to be based on a holiday I had using some of my photos and has to have some flash and very basic script in it. I'm pretty new to all this so should be interesting to see what you think and what mistakes I've made. Also if anyone can tell me why my lightbox works when previewed in my browser but dosnt work on the server, I'd appreciate it? Oh yeah...and I couldnt give a monkeys if it works in IE6 (the browser the college uses).
-
Idiots guide to PHPformmail?
thanks man, it always helps to go back and learn the basics
-
Idiots guide to PHPformmail?
had a go with that aswell....tried to read between the lines of the thread but still came unstuck. Even tried running a simple test page on my server first. is their a guide for people who dont speak much script. As soon as people who do start talking amongst themselves I get lost???
-
Alreet!
cheers...Thailand was pretty wild!
-
Idiots guide to PHPformmail?
I bought a magazine because it had a cool looking tutorial for making a sliding feedback form with jquery. I have no experience of using script but managed to get it to work....now all I need is an idiots guide to using form to email script. The author sugessted using this which I've tried to no avail: http://developerkarma.com/projects/phpformmail/readme-all-one-version this was the simplest guide I could find: http://www.clickfire.com/create-a-simple-effective-php-form-for-your-web-site/ anyone know of a decent idiots guide or alternative script that comes with a decent guide? cheers t.c.
-
Alreet!
.... I'm not chinese or owt its a nickname I got when I lived in Thailand.
-
What does a web designer actually do?
Its the web work part I'm interested in, the rest I've probably done before. As for the books I dont mind that bit, though it helps when your brother is an accountant