Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

tonychang

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tonychang

  1. its the down to the pub in Pitsford that I got started with all of this!
  2. I’m a new (mature) student of web design having discovered an interest in it when after being made redundant from a job I made a website for my girlfriends parents business (a pub ). That was about 6 months ago and since then I have continued to teach myself having no prior knowledge or experience with code or photoshop etc. I’ve now got to the point where I know which direction I want to go with it, I’m just after a bit of advice as I don’t know anyone who actually does the job. So back to my question what does a designer actually do? Teaching myself I’ve found lots of useful resources on the net I’ve also managed to *ahem* aquire a lot of the Lynda.com video tutorials and more recently have found the http://net.tutsplus.com and http://hv-designs.co.uk PSD to HTML/CSS site layout and builds helpful. But now I need a bit more direction and want to know what a designer actually does so I can concentrate on finding the tuts to learn those skills. I’d particularily like to hear from anyone else self taught and which resourses they found most helpful. I have also started a BTEC level 3 (A level equivalent) in web design but found with my limited knowledge gleaned over the last few months I already have a better working knowledge of the subjects than the teachers. I would still be interested in continuing with education (in the Northants area) as it’s a chance to meet and exchange ideas with like minded people. I’ve already been advised by one of the very helpful mods on here (soz if this is in wrong section) that maybe going the graphic design route might be more advisable. I’d certainly be keen to learn more about typography and layouts. Cheers t.c.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.