Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Zoom to image coordinates?

Featured Replies

Hi, I'd appreciate some help with what I'm trying to create as I don't even know what it's called to google it.

I'd like to make something with similar functionality to this: http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com/beneath-the-thinking-cap/#

I have both the graphics I need and can create slices from the graphics in photoshop, - is there a tool I can use to create this effect?

Thanks!

Esteban

I'm not sure why you would want to replicate that exact design. In my opinion it is pretty poor. 

If you want to show or hide content on click, your best is JQuery: 

http://api.jquery.com/show/

Have a look at the documentation for this, you should be able to adapt this to fit your needs. You will need to put the target of the action as your graphic slices, then show/hide the respective information, depending on which is selected. 

JQuery has easing effects too, if you want to animate the transitions between content: 

http://api.jquery.com/slidedown/

 

 

  • Author

Thanks for the response, I agree the design is weak but I have my own design and the functionality is what I'm after. I was hoping for some software method of creating this where I could click where I want the image to move to and it would automatically generate the code - do you know if such a thing exists?

Esteban

No, I doubt there is software solution to this problem to be honest. 

I'd be happy to build it for you, for a reasonable price, wouldn't take me much longer than an hour I'd wager. But, we would need to discuss your exact requirements. Drop me a message if that's an option. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.