Sign in to follow this  
boudreaux

Help with logo design

I'm totally stuck with an idea... need to design a logo for a personal trainer and I just don't know where to start. Anyone know of a website where I can get some ideas? Tried google but most of the sites are generic MS clip art style looking for something clean, crisp. Quite like http://www.fit4upt.com/

Have you looked on similar sites.. see their logos ? look around everywhere and just think of anything.. you would be surprised what you can come up with :)

i suggest playing around with just the letters of the company or even the initials. ie. if its called Garys Trainers' - you could use a cool font and just write GT with a simple design next to it, above etc...

just play with the letters - it gives amazing (and surprising) results.

search and look for who you competitors are, see how they have done there's but don't just copy and follow the crowd but if most are doing a similar thing then play on that and come up with something along those lines but better and slight changes other than just colors or font/sizes.

I suspect that as the original post was made in 2008 the logo will have been completed ... hopefully.

Very good point, i should of noticed even on the site says coming 2008 i must be still in 2008, i take it they never finished site or its a very long term project.

There are many nice fonts out there and we would all love to use as many as we can. Unfortunately using too many fonts will most of the time result in a loss of coherence and it will make the viewer feel multiple emotions that fight against one another. Using two different(not too different, preferably under the same theme) fonts can be good to create a contrast, catching the eye.