Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shortening Domain Name ?

Featured Replies

I've been contemplating whether to shorten my domain name. Currently is has three words combined. I was thinking about keeping the first word but for the second and third word only keeping the letters.

 

Currently - TheCreativeSheep

Change - TheCS

why not drop "the" and just "CreativeS" or "CreativeSheep"

 

just a thought

 

 

to my opinion "creative" word is pretty seo friendly .. why drop it from domain name?

Edited by sash_oo7

Because the name creative sheep has been a registered trading company for 9 years, the domain name was registered 11 years ago and expires in 5 years.

 

Personally I'd forget it and come up with your own original name!

Well, you're using a name that's already in use and taken?

 

"Creativesheep Ltd is a website and graphic design agency based in Gloucestershire."

 

So if you're doing the same or similar to "Creative Sheep" they won't be happy and people might assume you're trying to trade off their reputation. In other words seen as a copycat.

 

The name is not original, surely you want to be original - not a duplicate on a less desirable domain?

 

edit: This is confirmed by googling "the Creative Sheep" as they are first.

Edited by MMMedia

I dont know..there are plenty to choose from though.

 

.management

.guru

.expert

.enterprises

 

etc etc.

as far as my knowledge those domain names wont be cheap

 

@@CreativeSheep u can look for some domain name idea generators if u wish to change ur domain name in future

Edited by sash_oo7

I am curious what the business name registration process is in the UK? If "Creative Sheep Ltd" already existed, would the powers that be see that "The Creative Sheep" was too similar to a business name that already existed? And if they let it go through because it was different enough, then shouldn't it be ok - legally anyway? Ethically and intelligently however is another matter. Just saying...

 

When it comes to domain names, I personally think the full business name should be the domain name if available and then have an abbreviated version of that name fwd to the long version for ease of typing in. Just my 2 cents.

I am curious what the business name registration process is in the UK? If "Creative Sheep Ltd" already existed, would the powers that be see that "The Creative Sheep" was too similar to a business name that already existed? And if they let it go through because it was different enough, then shouldn't it be ok - legally anyway? Ethically and intelligently however is another matter. Just saying...

 

When it comes to domain names, I personally think the full business name should be the domain name if available and then have an abbreviated version of that name fwd to the long version for ease of typing in. Just my 2 cents.

 

It's essentially illegal.

 

You can't [legally] operate under the same name in the same sector as someone else.

I'm with MMMedia on this one. The name is much the same and you offer similar services.

MMM - right and I agree which I why I asked if the business name was registered. If not, wait to get a domain name till the business name is properly registered.

  • Author

Well, you're using a name that's already in use and taken?

 

"Creativesheep Ltd is a website and graphic design agency based in Gloucestershire."

 

So if you're doing the same or similar to "Creative Sheep" they won't be happy and people might assume you're trying to trade off their reputation. In other words seen as a copycat.

 

The name is not original, surely you want to be original - not a duplicate on a less desirable domain?

 

edit: This is confirmed by googling "the Creative Sheep" as they are first.

 

I'm curious as to what name suggestions you have as you were the one to say that my name is illegal ?

Edited by CreativeSheep

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.