Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Website Design for Online Business

Featured Replies

Hi All,



For the last few months I've been working on and off on re-designing my site (again!)


It's gone through a few changes over the years, but would really appreciate some feedback on my latest site design :D



Please review: www.clickbackup.co.uk



Look forward to your comments!



Regards, Charlie


Edited by FullyCreative

typo: Click Backup is one of the Internet's easiest cloud computer backup services.

 

very nice and easy to see

 

font is a touch small

looks a very nice site, looking at your pricing plans thogh, why would i get the 'Click Standard' when the 'Click Student' has the exact same features

Exactly what I thought whn I saw the website.

  • Author

Hi All,

 

Thank you for the comments.

You can only get the Student Package if you have a valid Student Registration Number.

Checks will be made to all Universities for each Student sign-up.

 

I am currently in the progress or writing a FAQ for the website, which will answer many questions that users may have about the backup system, and the way the Click Backup website operates!

 

Regards, Charlie

Edited by FullyCreative

Looks good. The only point I would make is that the headings are images, which are not great for SEO and you would be better using Google Web Fonts. However if your not bothered about how you rank then its fine.

  • Author

maybe do something like this to let the user know the difference

 

attachicon.gifstudent.png

 

Hy D4Y0,

 

I like it! - I will update later on when back in the office!

Such a simple fix - should of thought about adding something like this sooner!

 

Regards, Charlie

  • Author

Looks good. The only point I would make is that the headings are images, which are not great for SEO and you would be better using Google Web Fonts. However if your not bothered about how you rank then its fine.

 

Hi neil0wen,

 

I have noticed that the headings are images.

I will look into the use of Google Web Fonts!

 

I would like the site to rank highly as it offers a huge deal more than some of the bigger named players.

Although I have not the budget to support me.

But if anyone has any further tips on how to get my page to rank higher then I would be very interested to know!

 

btw. I have used a not-so familiar software package called WebPlus X6.

Not sure if this would factor in any differences to more popular known web designer applications.

 

 

Thanks for the help, Charlie

doesn't seem to repsond to mobile/tablet sizes (i'm resizing in firefox using the responsive layout preview thing - i remember the key combo and not the menu position or its name)

Hi,

 

Its a very good design. I have never seen the feature where the banner is following the mouse on websites other than gaming. Looks cutting edge :)

  • Author

Hi,

 

Its a very good design. I have never seen the feature where the banner is following the mouse on websites other than gaming. Looks cutting edge :)

 

Hi DanishJafri,

 

Thank you for the comments! :)

More improvements like an FAQ to help users is currently being developed!

 

Thanks again, Charlie

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.