Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Creating my own logo for free

Featured Replies

Hi I am new to all this and have started creating my own web page but looking for free software online to download that is good and safe for me to try and design my own logo - any suggestions appreciated thanks x

Hi :)

GIMP is a free software similar to Photoshop. I suppose you can give it a try - download here - http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

And here is a tutorial on how to create a logo with GIMP http://www.gimpshop.com/tutorials/how-to-create-a-logo

there are a few more tutorials, you might want to search in Google.

 

Hope that helps :)

 

*I really would recommend going to a professional designer for a logo design, if you are new to this. But hope the above will help you to get started.

GIMP is excellent! I use it in addition to PS and it's great. Free and easy to use. If you're looking at doing the logo yourself, I'd recommend doing it as a vector. A good piece of software for this is Inkscape - again, it's free. If you want something a little more pretty and potentially a really powerful design tool, try Sketch (only for Mac though :(). It's not free but it's cheap as chips. How ever much they cost these days.

  • 5 weeks later...

The best tool for creating a logo is Adobe illustrator. However, if you want to make your logo without any extra effort, you should try online logo creating websites. They are already created logos, the only thing you have to do is to add your company name and slogan. Here are some sites you can try,
http://www.flamingtext.com/
http://www.logomaker.com/
http://www.tweak.com/customize-logo.htm

The best tool for creating a logo is Adobe illustrator. However, if you want to make your logo without any extra effort, you should try online logo creating websites. They are already created logos, the only thing you have to do is to add your company name and slogan. Here are some sites you can try,

http://www.flamingtext.com/

http://www.logomaker.com/

http://www.tweak.com/customize-logo.htm

 

My word... 1and1 'build your own website' mentality has made the crossover to logo designs... <sigh> Sign of the times.

My word... 1and1 'build your own website' mentality has made the crossover to logo designs... <sigh> Sign of the times.

 

I remember using these sites like 8-9 years ago. They didn't even look good back then.

  1. jelly pie: no they're not - it's for cs2 owners to download again if they need to.

it's not lgiht years ahead of gimp, though i would say it was better

OP should use a vector program (yes i know PS does vector... ) with a good text engine - so illustrator, or if no budget then inkscape

My word... 1and1 'build your own website' mentality has made the crossover to logo designs... <sigh> Sign of the times.

I was going to make a joke about how it's just Word Art, then I clicked the link and realised it wouldn't have been a joke...

I was going to make a joke about how it's just Word Art, then I clicked the link and realised it wouldn't have been a joke...

Lol, I was thinking the same thing...

 

I used Gimp for about 6 months before I broke down and got Photoshop. If I was starting now I probably would get Sketch http://www.bohemiancoding.com/sketch/

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.