Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need some feedback on website for local pizza shop

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

I'm really stuck here. I'm no experienced web designer as you probably can see, and I'm currently out of ideas on what I can do to make this front page look good. There is something with it that makes it look unfinished. Please BE hard, I really need to hear it!

 

I'd like to see comments on everything

 

- general layout

- color scheme(note that I haven't made the logo)

- font usage

- what can I do with that sidebar to make it look fresh? It has two purposes; the top unordered list tells pros about the company like fast delivery, delivery area, every ten pizza for free etc.. The second part tells some company history.

- anything to mention about the menu?

- rotating banner in the middle?

 

Please feel free to give me some feedback and inspiration!

post-49056-0-11473700-1357658306_thumb.png

You could probably improve everything but if you want the most "bang for your buck" then put 99% of your time on the header and logo area because that is likely going to be the first thing that everybody will see.

 

I would look at how other similar websites have handled their logo and header and see if you can't do something similar. In any case, I have a simple process for when I am stuck on any one aspect of design and that is to work harder and produce a half dozen different variations of the task at hand. I do the same thing with body copy or headlines.

 

Then you can select the one that you feel works best or ask the client to choose. If you ask the client to choose then make sure they only have two to three options to pick from or they will do one of two things:

 

#1. Pick the ugliest one you have designed.

#2. Ask you combine them all.

 

I hope that helps. It sounds like you don't have a very clear process when you design. I would definitely suggest refining how you design websites so it's predictable every single time.

 

My own design process is as follows:

 

Client - What does the client want?

Message - What message does the client want communicated?

Reference - What have other designers done?

Tools - What are the right tools for the job?

Layers - Draw thumbnails, sketches, or variations.

Select - Select and finish best ideas.

Presentation - Present them to the client.

 

You'll find that having a "process" in place will answer most of your questions. You will usually know how to find your own answers and when you don't maybe somebody helpful on the Internet will be able to.

 

In the end, design is problem solving.

 

It requires thinking. :)

Edited by WebsiteWriter

I would say that its because you lack textures.

 

 

Your site is all one colors. And it doesnt look very detailed.

 

Tho saying that, its one of the best websites i have seen today! I like the colors and the pictures.

 

Subjectivly i like it.

 

 

I wouldnt say it looks super pro, but it has charecter to it.

Hi guys,

 

I'm really stuck here. I'm no experienced web designer as you probably can see, and I'm currently out of ideas on what I can do to make this front page look good. There is something with it that makes it look unfinished. Please BE hard, I really need to hear it!

 

I'd like to see comments on everything

 

- general layout

- color scheme(note that I haven't made the logo)

- font usage

- what can I do with that sidebar to make it look fresh? It has two purposes; the top unordered list tells pros about the company like fast delivery, delivery area, every ten pizza for free etc.. The second part tells some company history.

- anything to mention about the menu?

- rotating banner in the middle?

 

Please feel free to give me some feedback and inspiration!

I obviously dont understand a lot of the content so i cant offer any feedback on positioning etc.

 

I think you have a nice website here though.

 

my only pointer would be to think outside of the box a little, this website is very "float left" and boxed up like a puzzle,

very much like my current website, which you can currently view on my profile. Its not a bad way of designing its just a bit dated now.

 

 

Craig

I think it works for the style of business you are designing for. As stated by other users, you could use some textures and cut back a bit on the red. In all I think it's very clear what the company does and I think users will see that.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.