Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

easier way to make images into links? WARNING: LONG READ :)

Featured Replies

Hello everyone,

 

My first post here so pretty excited.

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I am having.

 

I am making a website that specializes in showing youtube videos.

The homepage will be updated daily.

-in this homepage there will be at least 9 images(snapshot of a video) that will act as a link, when clicked, which will take the viewer into another page that contains the given video.

 

EXAMPLE:

BLAH BLAH BLAH.COM

 

 

IMAGE IMAGE IMAGE

 

IMAGE IMAGE IMAGE

 

IMAGE IMAGE IMAGE

 

 

And after you click a image of a video that you want to watch, it leads you to a new page

 

 

 

BLAH BLAH BLAH.COM

 

 

 

VIDEO

 

 

 

I found out how to make images into links leading to another page that has a video but it is very very tedious.

 

I want to be able to just upload a new image and link and it'll push the older ones down the order and have the newest images/links towards the top.

 

Another thing I am trying to find out is to have the older images/links that go over the 9 images allowed at the homepage be pushed into another page.

 

EXAMPLE:

 

HOMEPAGE (newest videos), page 10 (older), page 9 (older than 10), page 8 (older than 9), etc.

 

Is there a program, editor, something that can do the job I'm looking for?

 

My biggest motivation and inspiration for this project is

 

www.devour.com

 

I'd like to do something like that!

 

If you know how to do all that I asked I am willing to pay! Thank you for your time!

From what I can tell, you want a system that will create an Archive for you with a paging system.

 

Your best bet might be to use a CMS (Content Management System) such as:

 

Wordpress

Joomla

 

You could create a blog, which would do this and it would create pages 1 - to the end.

You could also make the pages you want very quickly, also uploading media is easy.

 

Good luck.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.