Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach New Site

Featured Replies

I'm always fascinated to see how a top 10 British attraction represent their brand online not just as a web designer but also as a customer from a user experience perspective.

 

Having gone to buy a couple of wrist bands today I noticed the Pleasure Beach have recently launched a new website (at least its new from what I saw last summer) and im curious what people think of the new site both as web designers and as users?

 

The site can be found here http://www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com/

Edited by John Snow

you want a review of someone else's site?

why? It could be seen as spam, it could be seen as a competitor looking to malign someone.

  • Author

why? It could be seen as spam, it could be seen as a competitor looking to malign someone.

Guess so, just fascinated as a British institution I dont think 'competitor' as its surely done inhouse

First impressions give no clear immediate idea as to what the site is actually about? Looks as though it might be an online gambling/bingo site or similar.

 

A clear call to action "save £10" but on what and where?

 

And just where is this pleasure beach? The only mention of Blackpool on the page is in the footer copyright text.

 

Overall I think it fails on many counts and fails to capture the spirit of what the pleasure beach is all about in Blackpool, FUN!

 

Just my opinion of course :)

its $hit..... good enough critic for ya?

Edited by alzer81

its $hit..... good enough critic for ya?

 

I will say this in it's defence - it does remind me of blackpool

Looks cheap, cheerful, seedy and nasty.

 

So yeah, a fair reflection of Blackpool, ha.

 

I personally wouldn't see the point in a fancy nancy slick modern super-cool website for pleasure beach.

To be fair, if there's one thing that site portrays magnificently, it's Blackpool.

I personally wouldn't see the point in a fancy nancy slick modern super-cool website for pleasure beach.

In all honesty we can say that about lots of things in the world.

zed, on 23 March 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

why? It could be seen as spam, it could be seen as a competitor looking to malign someone.

 

Guess so, just fascinated as a British institution I dont think 'competitor' as its surely done inhouse

 

Erm... No... Look at the footer where it says who it is designed by and the link to the designers site.

 

The 1998 retro design is definitely very Blackpool.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.