Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pleased to meet you all

Featured Replies

Hello everyone. My name's Ivory and I'm a junior freelance Web Designer/Developer.

 

I started studying web design in 2007 with a home-learning course, and from there I'm mostly self taught. Now I'm aiming to become an experienced freelancer or to join an established firm.

 

I seem to be able to manage pretty well with X/HTML and CSS (though always try to improve), have branched out into and am hoping to improve my JavaScript, PHP, mySQL and SEO, and I'm also just starting to work with WordPress and osCommerce.

 

I've started to reach points where finding the correct/best answers is getting harder as I move into the more complicated topics, and struggle to find help or relevant tutorials to help me with specific problems I face, so I thought that perhaps talking to people who can help and share their experiences would be the best way to go, which is what brings me here. The prospect of a friendly web-design community and also perhaps finding a mentor or two sounds great, and of course I'd like to try and help others out wherever I can if you'll have me. ^_^

 

Bye for now.

 

~ Ivory ~

  • Author

Thanks guys!

 

Portfolio? Sure do. Nothing too special, but it seems to get the job done.

  • Author

Welcome to WDF! Enjoy your time here :D

 

Don't you tell me what to do!

 

...

 

I mean *cough* thanks, I will. :)

Don't you tell me what to do!

 

There's the spirit!

 

Welcome to the doghouse. May your learning curve be rapid.

Welcome to WDF :)

 

its funny how the new women members get the most amount of welcome...

  • Author

Speaking of females, so far I've seen about 2 others and about 800 guys. XD

 

Who here is the one to go to when you want to complain to someone about how rubbish you are at PHP and want to beg them for help?

Speaking of females, so far I've seen about 2 others and about 800 guys. XD

 

Who here is the one to go to when you want to complain to someone about how rubbish you are at PHP and want to beg them for help?

 

See the little Contact button on the left under my pic on my profile?

 

It's not that one. :p

 

In all seriousness though, if you've got a PHP question, post it here rather than asking someone privately. That way, the person who helps you won't have to explain the same thing to the next bod who comes looking for help with the same problem.

Edited by Renaissance-Design

See the little Contact button on the left under my pic on my profile?

 

It's not that one. :p

 

Bwahahahaha

 

@ivory

 

if you post up a new topic in the correct place you'll get a decent answer. It's just a matter of who gets there first

Speaking of females, so far I've seen about 2 others and about 800 guys. XD

 

 

It's hell being surrounded by all these boys! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.