March 19, 201115 yr Ok, why does Internet Explorer display text slightly smaller than Firefox? I have a section on my site where the text is 10px, looks nice in FF, but on IE (7,8 &9) the text renders smaller and just looks a bit gay? Is this a normal IE thing and can/should I use an "if ie" stylesheet or just live with it?
March 19, 201115 yr Author maybe firefox renders it bigger? Firefox displays it as I have designed it, as does Opera.
March 19, 201115 yr Author Wait to you start trying to get 'bold' to look the same in every browser Hmm after looking at several major web design agency sites, it seems it's just a browser thing and quite normal. It isn't too much of a worry, just spent ages making it spot on in firefox and thought I had done something stooopidly wrong!
March 19, 201115 yr Is this a normal IE thing and can/should I use an "if ie" stylesheet or just live with it? Neither. Start using Reset CSS instead - http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/css/reset/
March 19, 201115 yr Neither. Start using Reset CSS instead - http://meyerweb.com/...ools/css/reset/ I can say with all honesty that a CSS reset will make no difference to the way in which different browsers render text.
March 19, 201115 yr Author Not use fix size PX, use % or em in CSS. yh i tried that, still rendered differently, damn IE
Create an account or sign in to comment