Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

how to implement CMS

Featured Replies

Hi guys.

 

Can anyone give me a guide in how to implement CMS or point me in the direction of a usfeul website that can?

 

I'm a complete novice when it comes to CMS and although I'm aware of the basic principles, I have no idea about how to go about setting up a content management system for a client.

 

Any help would be much appreciated.

 

Sam

We use our own CMS - well we co-own it with another company.

 

Your very welcome to have a copy of it if you want it.

Wordpress is a great CMS system, all worthy CMS systems should come with both Support Documentation and a Support Forum to help you get started and tell you what you need.

 

Normally your going to need a Database, PHP and then some HTML knowledge to get it looking the way you want to.

 

Though I would suggest looking at the support forums/community area of each CMS to understand how to work with each script.

Don't use cutenews! :(

 

How familiar are you with website building in general?

Hi guys.

 

Can anyone give me a guide in how to implement CMS or point me in the direction of a usfeul website that can?

 

I'm a complete novice when it comes to CMS and although I'm aware of the basic principles, I have no idea about how to go about setting up a content management system for a client.

 

Any help would be much appreciated.

 

Sam

 

Head on over to opensourcecms and try a few out to see what features you like/dislike and how you like the admin of it.

Cute news is garbage. I sugggest something with meat. Expression Engine

Or if you like to be an inventor and break the wheel Wordpress. or you can write your own.

@peartree id be interested in seeing wht your CMS can do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.