Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

When do Web Designers Sleep?

Featured Replies

When do Web Designers sleep. On this site there seems to be a lull between 2am and 4am but 2 hours sleep is not enough - is it?

jeez - tell me about it - I'm clocking an average 0f 5-6 a night at the moment, not enough time to recharge after 8 hours work plus 3-4 hours freelance...

Still, could be worse - better to have work than have none

Sleep! who needs sleep!!! I just kepp on KOPJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJO

 

HUH! Oh! sorry just nooded off on the keyboard. lol

I sleep far too much, then again I am super lazy :p

 

I know a few designers on here prefer to work during the night as they feel they are more creative in the late/early hours.

I try to protect my 8 hours sleep, not always succeeding. Usually I'm working almost every other hour. I'd love to get away with not sleeping though :D

I honestly wish I didn't have to sleep as I would get so much done.

 

I never feel like I have had enough sleep though... possibly because my body keeps waking up for no reason at about 3.30 every morning :(

  • Author

possibly because my body keeps waking up for no reason at about 3.30 every morning sad.gif

 

 

But if your mind doesn't wake, how do you know?

Actually, I should check whether sleep is in my contract...

9-5 + freelance + study + leisure + sleep ... conclusion = not enough hours in a day!

 

Hopefully all this hard work pays off in the end!

I don't get near enough sleep :(

 

I never feel like I have had enough sleep though... possibly because my body keeps waking up for no reason at about 3.30 every morning :(

 

That's a common sign of pregnancy.

I sleep far too much, then again I am super lazy :p

 

I know a few designers on here prefer to work during the night as they feel they are more creative in the late/early hours.

 

 

hey i think even i am one of those as i always work at night and now also it is 2:29 AM in my country... my holidays are going on and am free from school (Only to work at night). i cant seem to concentrate at day time..

Not had much sleep this week - see my recent post on security software.

 

But in general I work 9-6 with an hour off for lunch and an hour off to walk the dog in the afternoon.

I don't answer the telephone after 6pm and only deal with work emails within office hours.

 

I don't see why I should be available 24 hours a day just because I'm a freelancer.

 

Also never answer the phone during my lunch hour as I wouldn't do this if I worked in an office.

 

I treat freelancing like any normla 9-5 job - that way you don't get walked all over and taken for granted by clients and get called at any old hour to fix this and that. Yes I occassionally work out of hours, but that's mostly when I take the morning off to go get the groceries or have a dental appointment - I make sure I get the hours in and the work done.

 

I also never switch my PC on for work at the w/e - that's my time not work time.

 

OK this last week has been an exception as my pc got attacked by a virus and infected all my client websites, so I've been at it every hour of the day to get things sorted!

Sleep is for the weak!

 

Anyway... Usually I'll hit the pit at about 3-4 then awake at half 7 to face the next set of challenges ahead of me!

 

@Eskymo

 

Those badges are so bloody awesome! I think I may buy one or two off you! :)

@Eskymo Those badges are so bloody awesome! I think I may buy one or two off you! :)

 

glad you like them...buy away.

glad you like them...buy away.

 

They're really cool...

 

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

  • 2 weeks later...

I work at a studio so when I leave between 4:30 & 5:30 I don't need to think about web design anymore :D but as its of a general interest to me I still go on sites like this out of work.

When do Web Designers sleep

 

Night time usually.

I generally go to sleep at 1ish in the morning, then i'm back up at 6. Except on saturdays when I have lie-in and get up at 8ish.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.