Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BlueHost - HostMonster - GatorHost

Featured Replies

Has anyone here used BlueHost GatorHost or HostMonster ? I've looked at their packages and they seem reasonable, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of these guys ?

Has anyone here used BlueHost GatorHost or HostMonster ? I've looked at their packages and they seem reasonable, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of these guys ?

 

I used HostGator. Not GatorHost.

 

HostGator are ok, but I ended my plan after 2 days to set-up my own web hosting company.

  • Author

HostGator yes you are right i'm sorry for the mistake, has anyone heard anything good about Lypha ? I'm still searching for comments on that.

host gator is quite good im on them :) and blue host is sawell but the 50 DB limit is awry

Hostmonster ive been on aswell and they are pretty Good nt the best but good!

I've used Bluehost for about 2.5 years now. They had some initial growing pains but I've had no problems recently. Also, they're very good about upgrading existing customers when they add features (such as more bandwidth or unlimited domain hosting). Their support system is also fairly good, with live chat and 1-2 day turnaround for email support (they have phone support too but I've never tried it). I recommend them wholeheartedly.

I've heard fairly good reviews about HostGator. A good resource place to check out prospective hosts would be webhostingtalk.com. There, people post reviews about their hosts and you can read up on various hosts to help you choose.

I used to host one site on Blue host. Their service was really good back then. I haven't used them recently. I checked their site and they went from offering 3gigs of space to 300gigs, which is a big change. So that would mean that they are now overselling to the extreme level. However since they are willing to pay $65 for each affiliate who helps them recruit a member, then they are pretty sure that the "new customer" will stay. That would mean that they are doing pretty darn well and their other customers trust them. So I would say give them a try. It's only $7 a month

I used to host one site on Blue host. Their service was really good back then. I haven't used them recently. I checked their site and they went from offering 3gigs of space to 300gigs, which is a big change. So that would mean that they are now overselling to the extreme level. However since they are willing to pay $65 for each affiliate who helps them recruit a member, then they are pretty sure that the "new customer" will stay. That would mean that they are doing pretty darn well and their other customers trust them. So I would say give them a try. It's only $7 a month

 

Either that, or they bought more servers ;)

Bluehost actually did a big server upgrade about six months ago; I haven't had any problems since that happened. :)

  • 2 weeks later...

I just started using BlueHost a couple weeks ago and I've had no problems at all. They give you so much space and bandwidth that it's almost impossible to use it all up on just one small site, which is why I'm now hosting all three of my sites with them. ^_^ So they definitely give you a lot of room to grow.

Does anybody host a .co.uk domain name on Bluehost? Supposedly it can be done but I haven't worked out how just yet.

Hi !

I am also looking for a new hosting to replace pagesgarden, and my first mails with HOSTGATOR were excellent

and the relation was direct and professional but personal too.... I was convinced convinced that HostGator would be my next hosting, but... when I read it in their forums:

 

"In order for us to setup your account, we will need you to call us and verify your account. If you are not able to call, you can also respond to this ticket with a scanned copy of a Photo ID such as as a passport, or drivers license. Also please include a scanned copy of the credit card that was used in purchase, if you purchased a hosting account with a credit card. If you paid with Paypal please provide a copy of a current utility bill. Please do so at your earliest convenience to ensure that your account with HostGator is setup as soon as possible."

 

And from the moment I asked to my Host Gator contact replying with the same number of ticket what that's means, living in the other end of the world ?, HOSTGATOR DISAPPEARED, NOBODY THERE, EVERYBODY IS OCCUPIED WITH THE CHRISTMAS VACATIONS....

 

NO LUNAR PAGES, NO HOSTGATOR.... GO ON LOOKING FOR HOSTING.... WHICH IS THE NEXT ?

Does anybody host a .co.uk domain name on Bluehost? Supposedly it can be done but I haven't worked out how just yet.

 

Try your namservers Sharron :)

  • 2 weeks later...

i've used Hostmonster for about 6 months... i'm really active on the internet and their server was never down. cheap prices too ;) you can also try GoDaddy.

Try your namservers Sharron :)

 

Thanks, Ben. That was the first place I went, actually. ;) I changed the name servers to Bluehost's and - according to Bluehost - the domains should have then showed up in my BH cPanel, but they didn't (this was weeks ago). So I went to the "transfer" area of my cPanel and they only talk about transferring the usual .com, .net, etc. Hmm. Must contact Customer Support, I guess. <_<

  • 2 weeks later...

I wish they start offering reseller plans for cpanel. I would really like to purchase a reseller plan from them.

i openly dont use hostgator any more they shut my sendmail off and refused to turn it on.

i use tobia host. yes its in euro and im a USD payer but its still cheap.

http://www.tobiahost.com/

its meant to host small things its perfect for me :)

aswell as the owner is very flexable and if you go over quota he will extend it!

  • 4 months later...

i heard a rumor from my brother that they were getting ready to start having reseller plans available

  • 2 months later...

I use BlueHost for most of my sites and can honestly say they offer a great service for really cheap price. Works out about £3.45 a month.

 

The package they provides comes with all the usuals. The control panel is user friendly and there customer support is great. Any problems I have had, have been replied to with in our un like some bigger named hosting companies that I won't mention.

 

As for the HostMonster and GaterHost I haven't used so i'll reserve judgement.

 

Hope you find a company to suit your needs.

 

Dan

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.