Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Own Site

Featured Replies

Comments on Design:

 

You have an intresting design. It's straightforward and to the point. It's different, but simple. I like it. You do need to change some things though. For one, the main scrollbar of your website isn't appearing in firefox or opera. I assume that the white boxes in the website are place holders for future works of art. While your design may be different, it lacks the "Wow" factor that so many web designers need on their website. Try to incorporate some of your art into the website. Overall, it's pretty cool.

 

Comments on Source Code:

 

No comments here. Source Code is pretty clean.

Hi there :)

On my screen(1024 x 768), I can't see below the contact paragraph (see screenshot below) and have no way of scrolling down to see the rest of the page.This also means that if I open one of the lightboxes, I can't see the 'close' button although I realise I can click outside the lightbox.

I find the text quite hard to read; white on black is a bit too much for me and the letter spacing seems a bit cramped.

I do like the overall feel of the site though :)

 

Screenshot here post-3856-1232056085_thumb.png

ugh, dull, not much going on, its bare just some colored text basically and a background and a few images, ...

I like the design (i think).

 

Need more space between the vertical white line and the contents to the right of it, and you need to give a hover border of pink on the images that I can view. Those images are out of alignment, too, so sort that out. The text in contact and me is much too small, make it bigger and increase line height.

 

The contact options are ridiculous, why would a client want to contact you using myspace or facebook? They'd have to sign up if they don't have an account, and that's just a joke. Atleast give an email address or form.

 

The Overflow:hidden is also pointless and just silly, elanman has pointed out the issues.

 

Style sheet should all be external.

 

More space between the 3 sections (vertical margins).

 

How about a nice artistic background? Something to lift the content off the page.

 

Good luck!

I like the design. Very simple, probably the way you wanted it. I would add some spacing to the letters in your text. They seem to close together, and a little hard to read.

Hi Adam

 

It’s smashing, because it’s original and stands out from the maddening crowd.

 

You just need to make your fonts a size bigger and take the glare effect away from them.

 

Just use a shade down from false teeth white and that will complete it to perfection.

 

Good luck

I kind of like the design but I think you need to fill in the empty squares with something even if its just a few concepts and logo designs otherwise the sites looks too plain.

Cool site.

 

2 things:

 

It may just be too early in the morning but your small text looks like its set to 'crisp' or 'sharp', try setting it to 'smooth', it would look so much better.

 

Also the background has a kind of '****' colour, mind my french... is it brown? why not try it black, i think your highlighted pink will stand out more...

 

peace out

 

 

 

--------------------------

DP Online

  • Author

a few of the problems have been tweaked ie. scroll bar is back, line going down the page has been moved to the left. and will be working over the rest over the weekend, the reason the portfolio pics are empty as i havent uploaded rest of work yet, so are just blank, but will be filled over the day few days.

 

thanks for the comments all!

 

and its meant to be a dark grey / black lol

I like it mate, looks good.

 

Needs some more pages or something though? I wanted to have a look around then realised that was it, good work though.

  • Author
I like it mate, looks good.

 

Needs some more pages or something though? I wanted to have a look around then realised that was it, good work though.

 

theres not too much else to add it to it to be fair, unless you have any ideas?

 

tried to get to the point and keep things simple :) but will be thinking of what else i can add

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
theres not too much else to add it to it to be fair, unless you have any ideas?

 

tried to get to the point and keep things simple :) but will be thinking of what else i can add

 

hi all,

 

ive updated my site making a few tweaks, what do you think?

 

:)

I hate dark sites, but I actually like this one! It is fresh and eye catching! The pink could do with a toss, and maybe replaced with a light blue or teal, and the link of your pic needs to go as it really does not link to anything but a thumbnail, too weird.

 

Otherwise a very good site!

 

:lol:

  • Author
I hate dark sites, but I actually like this one! It is fresh and eye catching! The pink could do with a toss, and maybe replaced with a light blue or teal, and the link of your pic needs to go as it really does not link to anything but a thumbnail, too weird.

 

Otherwise a very good site!

 

:lol:

 

thanks!

 

and the thumbnail link has now been fixed :)

thanks!

 

and the thumbnail link has now been fixed :)

 

 

Nice!

 

now as for your text -

 

Hi, im Adam Hunt , a 19 year old student, currently studying Interactive Media Productions at Bournemouth University. This site is to showcase my own work and my university projects. I design clean stylish websites for all sorts of people and businesses.

 

I’m from kent, and as well as design, i love music, football and spending time with the people i love. If you wish to get in contact with myself, plese fill in the form below.

 

Change to -

 

Hello, I'm Adam Hunt , a 19 year old student from Kent, currently studying Interactive Media Productions at Bournemouth University. This site is a showcase of my own work and university projects. I design websites that are clean and stylish for all sort of people and businesses.

 

As well as design, I love music, football, and spending time with the people I love. If you wish to contact me please fill in the form below.

 

 

Just because it is the web doesn't mean we can loose all sense of reason! LOL!!!!! :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.