Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GREAT Site for Beginners

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

 

Not many people know about this site, so I thought

i might share it with you.

 

I learned the basics of CSS and Designing on this website:

Sampson Videos

 

The guy who hosts the videos is Jonathan Sampson, and he's a really

good tutor!

 

Its really worth spending a few hours watching his videos if you want to

learn web design/development step-by-step.

 

Hope this helps.

Not a great deal of info there, nothing you can't get on youtube. Thanks for sharing though.

Not a great deal of info there, nothing you can't get on youtube. Thanks for sharing though.

 

But you don't get humour like that on youtube...

  • Author

Hehe yeah I agree, just an alternative...

 

In my opinion it's really helpful though...

Hehe yeah I agree, just an alternative...

 

In my opinion it's really helpful though...

 

I must agree too, honestly, this guy taught me my whole knowledge of css and how to apply it. I've watched his CSS layout 3 column vids like a thousand times and while my sites still look crap (my second site ever). I hope to get better, this guy is definitely worth a look at.

 

NOTE: If your ISP monitors your bandwidth, please watch yours carefully on this site, the tutorial videos tend to go for 15 minutes or more and are around 60 - 90 megabytes each.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ooo interesting

 

Thank you very much > I shall check these out for sure :)

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sampson is great, i was particularly interested in his pagination tutorial using PHP.

Thanks for this... bit late for me for html and css but will have a look at js, php and mysql later. Good lad :D

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That is called an Accordion Effect - do a google search on Jquery Accordion and you will find a million and one scripts for it :)

  • 2 weeks later...

This is quite handy to know of really. Bit late for the html and css but the others I could definitely use a bit of a hand with. Thanks for post.

umh I will have a look on it when I come back to italy!

Hey guys,

 

Not many people know about this site, so I thought

i might share it with you.

 

I learned the basics of CSS and Designing on this website:

Sampson Videos

 

The guy who hosts the videos is Jonathan Sampson, and he's a really

good tutor!

 

Its really worth spending a few hours watching his videos if you want to

learn web design/development step-by-step.

 

Hope this helps.

 

 

nice information

 

Thanks and regards

  • 3 weeks later...

Useful :) Thanks for the link Pedro.

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.