Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xander

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Xander

  1. Xander replied to Xander's topic in Server Side
    @php_penguin: Thanks for the info, but my aim behind this is not to post anywhere. As soon as the user finishes typing in the field, I want it to check, not have to validate on a separate page or posting anywhere. @RobH: Thanks for the link mate, only problem is, after trying it four times, it doesn't work. Did you search bring anything else up? Regards, Xander
  2. Xander posted a topic in Server Side
    Hi, I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. Basically, what I am looking for is something for my new website. When a user goes to the registration page, I want to be able to check to see if their username that they have chosen is available. Once they finish typing in their username, I want some sort of script to check through a mySQL database to confirm it's not taken. I do believe I have seen this used in a forum registration script, possibly vBulletin, but don't hold me to that. If possible, could someone point me in the direction of a tutorial if possible? Thank you!
  3. I agree. We don't own our own DC either, but all support queries are answered within a guaranteed 10 minutes and resolved not long after that.
  4. Xander replied to Xander's topic in Hardware
    oh, sh*t! I've been looking at buying that! Mind telling me how much you paid for it? (roughly)
  5. Xander replied to Xander's topic in Hardware
    I paid for a small percent of them... yes
  6. Xander replied to Xander's topic in Hardware
    It's to house the mass amount of Movies & Music I have... :-) In honesty, I still have 229GB free... but hey!
  7. Xander posted a topic in Hardware
    After reading through this thread, I was quite enjoying reading up on what sort of spec people run on their machine. Although that thread got a bit side tracked for a moment, I think it would be good to see what everyone has. :-) I'll start with mine: Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.8GHz (2 CPUs) Memory: 4096 MB RAM Graphics: Nvidia 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 (Got this for an absolute BARGAIN from eBay :-)) HDD: 3 x 500GB WD Sata, 1 x 320GB WD Sata, 1 x 200GB WD IDE Unsure of where to find your specs? Click Start Click Run Type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes) There are your specs
  8. webdesign-er... Maybe, Web Designer?
  9. Anyone got any idea? Don't mean to sound pushy, it's just it is REALLY annoying
  10. I'll give you 50p for it :-)
  11. php_penguin... you are a ******* legend! That has been bugging me for weeks!!!! Remind me to buy you a pint or three if I ever see you!!
  12. Nah, it can't be Patrick, I'd recognise his voice anywhere... I think!!
  13. Yeah, that advert! I know the voice from somewhere, but it's not VK...
  14. Hey! I'm hoping that some of you have seen the advert for, what I think is McVities Digestive Biscuit... the "baby", as it were, has a very familiar voice, and it's been bugging me for several weeks! Anyone able to shed any light on it?!
  15. Haha, personally, I slept right through it! I haven't slept well the past 6 odd days, and last night, I went out like a light! Didn't know anything about it until I woke up, wondered why the hell things were on the floor in the living room, then turned on the TV... I was like... "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that's why!!!" Oh well!
  16. Hi guys, Can someone point me in the right direction about charging VAT on web hosting? I found somewhere at one point, possible the government website, but don't hold me to that. Am I right in thinking I will not need to charge VAT on web hosting until my annual turnover is in excess of £63,000? Also, what are the conditions on Tax? How much tax will I need to pay, how do I work out what is taxable, and what is it based on? Any help is appreciated!!
  17. ...noticed this forum tucked away down here! My name is Xander, I'm 19, currently living in Leicestershire, UK, I work a 7am-5pm day job, and in my spare time, I'm setting up my own hosting company. This will actually be my second company. When I was 13, I actually had a really successful hosting site, bringing in quite a bit of money. Cut a long story short, I was shut down for an unknown reason. Anywho, that's a little about me! I've been here for a short while already, and thank you to everyone who has already helped me with questions, especially the designers who put themselves forward for the jobs I posted. I do appreciate it! Regards
  18. Hi Guys! First off, I'm hoping this is the right section to post this under, if not, you can move it to where it should be :-) What I'd like to know from you guys, not asking for any names, just figures. Questions: How much do you pay for your hosting pcm? (£ or $) What spec does your package give you? Did you get the opportunity of a free domain name? What do you look for more in a web host. The mass of space/bandwidth you get, or the support? Any feedback on the above questions would be much appreciated! Thanks! Xander
  19. It's not the mouse, same problem using the scrollbars too
  20. Hi Guys, Hopefully someone can advise... I was off work yesterday, when I left my PC it was fine. I've come into work this morning, and now, when I scroll down pages, it "jolts", if that makes sense. I have tried deleting the driver for my monitor and re-installing it but to no avail. Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks
  21. Xander posted a topic in Frontend
    Hi, I am currently trying to get something working on my site. At the moment, my code is as shows: <div class="maintop"> <div class="lefttop"><h1><?php echo $config['sitename']; ?></h1><h2><?php echo $config['tagline']; ?></h2></div> <div align="righttop"><h1>Login Form Here</h1></div> </div> Defined in my css, is as follows: .lefttop{ float:left; } .righttop{ float:right; } .maintop{ display:inline; } Both layers (defined "left" and "right" sit on below the other), is there something I'm missing?!
  22. Thanks Eris. I think I understand... ha!
  23. Not a chance. In all honesty, I would of noticed if I was deleted 438GB of data... lol >.<
  24. Hi, I have my signup form with a checkbox to agree to the terms. Before the checkbox is ticked, the "Submit" button is disabled. As soon as the checkbox is ticked, the button is enabled. Is there anyway using css, to have, for example, the following: Current style code for button: .button{ color: #000000; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; border: 3px solid #f0eed9;; background-color: #fbf9ed; } Example for disabled button: .button.disabled{ color: #FFFFFF; font-family: "Trebuchet MS", arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; border: 3px solid #f0eed9;; background-color: #000000; } Hope this is clear enough!
  25. Hi Guys, Not sure what response this will get, but I really need some help. I am currently borrowing a 500GB Western Digital External HDD from a friend of mine, to which, for some unknown reason, the data has been wiped! While copying stuff off of it, I had to cancel the progress in order to make more room on my internal SATA drive. Upon going to carry on, the external drive appears completely blank!! This hard drive used to hold some very treasured files, and I really need to try and recover them. Can anyone recommend any software that they have used in the past and is reliable? No data has been written to the drive since the loss... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.