Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your Computer Specs

Featured Replies

After reading through this thread, I was quite enjoying reading up on what sort of spec people run on their machine. Although that thread got a bit side tracked for a moment, I think it would be good to see what everyone has. :-)

 

I'll start with mine:

Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.8GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 4096 MB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 (Got this for an absolute BARGAIN from eBay :-))

HDD: 3 x 500GB WD Sata, 1 x 320GB WD Sata, 1 x 200GB WD IDE

 

 

Unsure of where to find your specs?

  1. Click Start
  2. Click Run
  3. Type in "dxdiag" (without the quotes)
  4. There are your specs

unless you run Mac or *nix ;)

 

My specs are:

Processor:: AMD 64 X2 4200+ ( 2 x 2.1 GHz )

Memory: 2048 MB RAM ( 1820 MB usable )

Graphics: on-board GeForce 6 128MB

HDD: 1 x 160 GB SATA

OS: incase I haven't mentioned it enough ... Ubuntu 7.10

 

Xander : why do you need 2 TB of HDD space???

  • Author
Xander : why do you need 2 TB of HDD space???

 

It's to house the mass amount of Movies & Music I have... :-)

In honesty, I still have 229GB free... but hey!

  • Author
I believe that you paid for all those movies and music .. honestly - i do :)

 

I paid for a small percent of them... yes :)

Model: Macbook Black

OS: OS X Leopard 10.5.2

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2ghz

Memory: 3GB RAM

Graphics: GMA 950 Built-in

HDD: 120gb Internal drive

 

Apple ftw! ^_^

  • Author
zomg I'm telling Sony BMG!!!

oh, sh*t!

 

Model: Macbook Black

OS: OS X Leopard 10.5.2

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2ghz

Memory: 3GB RAM

Graphics: GMA 950 Built-in

HDD: 120gb Internal drive

 

Apple ftw! ^_^

I've been looking at buying that! Mind telling me how much you paid for it? (roughly)

Might as well join in....

 

Processor:: Intel Q6600 Quad Core ( 4 x 2.4 GHz )

Memory: 2 GB

Graphics: Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB

HDD: 1 x 500GB + 1 x 200GB

OS: Windows XP

 

Also have a Macbook pro :)

£850 - I got a discount, plus £60 for the extra memory. The newer (more powerful) black ones are £950.

 

If you are looking to do anything that requires alot of power, running Windows on the mac, etc.. then my advice is to save up for a Macbook Pro (the silver ones) - I wish I did that! :)

Haha, I wasn't expecting that! :lol:

hahaha!

 

...I must be the owner of the oldest, nastiest machine on the boards!

 

Pentium III 750MHz

512Mb Ram

Graphics? ROFL! I'm guessing it's Rage 128 RF/SG AGP?

HDD 25Mb + 40Mb

OS Ubuntu 6.06 (the only worthwhile piece of kit in my arsenal - what does it say about me that it's the only bit that costs nowt!?)

 

What's my prize? :yahoo:

Processor: Intel x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2, ~1694MHz

Memory: 256MB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX (Compaq)

HDD: 18.6GB

 

PITY ME!

 

My sister has stolen my laptop and I'm using the PC... Now you see why I'm so excited about there being a new Mac Store nearer my house. I can't wait till I have some money and can buy a Mac instead of this PC!

Amd 3000+ 1x 2.0ghz

2gb ram (pc 3200)

Geforce 6600 256.

HDD 2X80 1X60

My sister has stolen my laptop and I'm using the PC... Now you see why I'm so excited about there being a new Mac Store nearer my house. I can't wait till I have some money and can buy a Mac instead of this PC!

 

Ooo, what mac you thinking of buying? It's always fun walking into the local Apple store and playing on the iPhones and iMacs ^_^

I don't like iPhones. :(

 

I would quite like an iMac, because they look sexy... It's all about the aesthetics for me. I'm shallow like that. I'm open to suggestions though! :)

I say go for it! The new iMacs are amazing; my sister has one, as well as my good friend Jaysgirl (she is on the forum somewhere).

 

One of the main reasons I have a mac is because of the aesthetics, not just of the computer, but even OS X is sexy! ;)

I'm a sucker for pretty stuff... like Sarah Shahi, and iMacs.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3700+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.4GHz

Memory: 1536MB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT (Gainward Golden Sample)

HDD: 300GB + 200GB SATA

 

Plus my awesome PURPLE custom paint-job:

gallery_3210_26_6658.jpg

 

Shame she's so old now (nearly 4 years), she was awesome when I first got her, and is something like a grandmother now, slowly losing her faculties!!!

 

- Eris

I'm a sucker for pretty stuff... like Sarah Shahi, and iMacs.

 

Who is Sarah Shahi??? :unknw:

  • Author

Eris, am I right in thinking this originally came as a completely silver case? I think my brother used to have the same one... Looks so much better in purple though!!

Thanks Rachael :D

 

Xander, Yeah it was a boring silver-metal iCute case (minus bubble lights).

 

Needless to say me = geek, but importantly me = girl-geek! Hence the purple... :lol:

  • Author
Needless to say me = geek, but importantly me = girl-geek! Hence the purple... :lol:

 

Haha, I like it!

My misses is trying to persuade my to spray my case a dark(ish) pink, but I think I'll pass!!

It's currently black and red, with a perspex side and red cold cathode tubes x 4.

 

And anyway, I don't think I have the patience or the artistic nature to be spraying anything, let alone my beloved case!

Computer 1 : 24" iMac Core Two Duo Intel Processor, 2gigs of ram, 250gig hard drive - Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard

Computer 1b : 24" iMac Core Two Duo Intel Processor, 2gigs of ram, 250gig hard drive - Windows XP Professional

Computer 2 : 11" iBook G4 Processor, 768Mb of ram, 80gig hard drive - Mac OSX 10.4 Tiger

Computer 3 : 15" (screen) Dell Tower, Celeron Processor, 512mb of Ram, 80gig hard drive - Linux Ubuntu (7.08? I think)

Computer 4 : 7" Asus Eee Pc, 800mhz processor, 512mb of ram, 2gig hard drive - Linux Xandros (1.04 i think)

 

My temporary setup while i'm converting the 3rd bedroom to an office, its a bit cramped to be honest! lol

IMG_0206.jpg

Just seeing that iMac makes me hate you! :p I'm dying to get my hands on one.

Its quite literally the best computer I've ever owned :)

I think the resolution is 1900 x 1200 ? put it this way, i can fit 3 full size A4 microsoft word documents in windows beside eachother and be able to type comfortably in each.

Not cheap though! i took out a loan to afford that badboy, which I wouldnt normally do, but I see it as an investment

Just seeing that iMac makes me hate you! I'm dying to get my hands on one.

 

Well said!

 

As for Sarah Shahi, she's an actress. Google her. :p

Well said!

 

As for Sarah Shahi, she's an actress. Google her. :p

 

That was one of the best Google searches I've done this year! I'm a fan of her too now! :lol:

  • Author
That was one of the best Google searches I've done this year! I'm a fan of her too now! :lol:

 

I agree with you RobH, 100 bloomin percent!

Thanks Rachael! :)

@ Eggman...youse just showing off man!

 

Anyway here's my measly rig:

 

AMD Athalon 64 3000+

512 RAM

Win XP Pro SP2

Nvidia GeForce 6600GT

Widescreen monitor

Selection of chocolates

 

Plus no-one beats Kelly Brook for looks! Mraw!

I agree with you RobH, 100 bloomin percent!

Thanks Rachael! :)

 

*Dribbles*

 

Good lord. Thats one for the hit list

Ooh yes, Kelly is lovely. :)

 

Okay here's my laptop specs:

 

Processor: Intel® Core2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.7GHz

Memory: 1014MB RAM

Graphics:

HDD:

 

I can't find out the other two specs! :(

Thats what the goats said when we told them what they were getting for dinner!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.