Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Recovering Deleted Data

Featured Replies

Hi Guys,

 

Not sure what response this will get, but I really need some help.

I am currently borrowing a 500GB Western Digital External HDD from a friend of mine, to which, for some unknown reason, the data has been wiped!

While copying stuff off of it, I had to cancel the progress in order to make more room on my internal SATA drive. Upon going to carry on, the external drive appears completely blank!!

 

This hard drive used to hold some very treasured files, and I really need to try and recover them.

Can anyone recommend any software that they have used in the past and is reliable? No data has been written to the drive since the loss...

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Woah... crazy computer error?! Have you tried the disk in another computer or run any diagnostics?

Any funny errors listed in your logs? Control Panel>Admin Tools>Event Viewer. I would wanna get to the bottom of what happened to see if there's an easier way to fix it!

 

Anyhoo, the only recovery program I know of is Tune-up Utilities Undelete function.

It's practically the only function in Tune-up I haven't actually used so can't vouch for it, but I have used the rest of Tune-up and its fab. There's a 30 day full free trial (no restrictions), and you will want to buy it!

 

http://www.tuneup-software.co.uk/products/tuneup-utilities/

 

- Eris

  • Author
Is it possible you actually deleted the data yourself?

 

Not a chance. In all honesty, I would of noticed if I was deleted 438GB of data... lol >.<

google hard drive recovery tools, you might get some software forensic CSI's use for recovering data. I had one a few months ago but can no't remember the name lol.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.